Confession Booth- Secret Indulgences

I had no idea there were levels of decadence concerning cheese in a can.
Every day I learn stuff here. :slight_smile:
Donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen Nabisco.

2 Likes

I hadnā€™t either. But honestly I donā€™t even know where to look in the store for cheez wiz. But Iā€™m open to trying.

2 Likes

Oh sir little do you know. I could show you some VERY dark places where food is concerned.

2 Likes

Tears running down my cheeks ā€¦ yes yes yes most definitely, so true!!!

fry the bologna and Iā€™m right there with you all over that sandwich
totally acceptable in New Yawk

1 Like

Wipe on
Wipe off
Iā€™m ready for any and all new treats :slight_smile:

My grandmother used to make me fried bologna sandwiches in Pittsburgh. If she wanted to get fancy, she would deglaze the pan with ketchup!

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œTheLibrarian, post:26, topic:9086ā€]
If she wanted to get fancy, she would deglaze the pan with ketchup!
[/quote] lol

Throw in an egg and Iā€™d give it a try

Here is a picture of spray cheese in a can. It comes in different flavors (sharp cheddar, American, bacon, ect. ). Not saying I found this in the pantry or anything. It can be found in the snack/cracker isle in most grocery stores.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not spending enough time in the snacks aisle, it appears.
Iā€™ll work on this. :slight_smile:
And BTW RHC,
This is the confessional booth. You wonā€™t be booted from HO.
This is a safe zone.

1 Like

Fish & chips is diet food.

You want unhealthy? Iā€™ll give you unhealthy. Thatā€™ll be the ā€œfull Englishā€ breakfast:

Bacon, sausage, black pudding, fried eggs, fried bread, fried potatoes, fried mushrooms, grilled tomato, baked beans.

Regional variations apply. For example, in the London area, youā€™re likely to get "bubble & squeak " instead of the fried bread. The ā€œfull Scottishā€ is likely to add white pudding to the black pudding, and usually haggis as well. The ā€œfull Welshā€ adding in cockles and laverbread. And, Iā€™m told, the ā€œUlster Fryā€ is a thing of joy, adding in potato cakes.

6 Likes

I donā€™t quite know what to say.
Iā€™d be headed back to bed after that onslaught. Probably several days. Wow.

1 Like

In the words of the late Hovis Presley ā€œItā€™s a meal in itself really.ā€

1 Like

Iā€™ve added beer battered cod to my fried fish rotation. I must say itā€™s very good and I leave out the chips so I can eat more fish.

Does this qualify as diet food, more fish no chips?

Iā€™ve been frying fish over forty years, learned from my Granny.

2 Likes

All the crap from Trader Joeā€™s that I eat by the bagful while under the influence of ā€œthe munchiesā€.

3 Likes

Fun to read through all your replies even though Iā€™m not familiar with many things mentioned.

Wanna make farls (aka potato cakes) one of these days. Had them before. Noice! Maybe my farls would turn out to be sad lumps of potatoes.

I love fish and I love chips, especially when they are both on the same plate! (no sauce, please.) Here itā€™s either fish or chips, both are not served on the same plate.

When in some country that has Nandoā€™s chain I do usually eat there at least once. Donā€™t have them here, yet. I go through half the bottle of their hot sauce in one go!

Mind blown!

2 Likes

But you did. You gotta admit it!

1 Like

Ummmmā€¦ Hersheyā€™s Kisses are health food. Especially since I never eat more than half a bag at a shot.

5 Likes

True for me as well.

But there are a couple of things that I liked to sneak in to the larder for home alone evenings.

Fray Bentos Steak and Kidney puddings or their Steak pies both in cans. The pudding boiled in water (in the can) and the pie cooked in the oven in the can with the lid removed so the pastry puffed up.

And for pudding a McVities Jamaica Ginger Cake - so squidgy its like putty.

I canā€™t believe nobody has named jaffa cakes. I darenā€™t buy a big packet because I will eat every last one of them.

Oh how I adore their spomgey, orangey, chocolatey goodness.

Mushy peas. And I love a proper fryup. When I was working in the UK, my typical routine upon landing would be to pick up my car and head for the first Little Chef (think Waffle House) for a full English and a pot of tea. In later years it became A Crunchie bar and a Red Bull.

1 Like