Commercial Salad Dressings

Thanks! I have Wafu on hand, too :wink: It’s pretty good!

1 Like

Costco and Amazon sell Kewpie creamy sesame.

1 Like

Thanks! Good to know!

I’m up in Canada so our Costco offerings are a little different- and I gave up my membership several years ago . I don’t really order any groceries (or anything) through Amazon since 95 percent of my Social these days is grocery shopping. I’ll check out the stores that sell Kewpie stuff in Toronto!

@Phoenikia
This is the other dressing that I like:

2 Likes

Looks good! Thanks!

I picked up Farm Boy’s Creamy Caesar and Hideen Valley Ranch this week. I’m not really into Caesar dressing in general, it’s for someone else .

2 Likes

You can freeze buttermilk.

Just saying. When it’s on sale, or buying it for something else.

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

If it’s going to be a commercially made salad dressing, I like Cardini’s Caesar dressing or Ken’s Parmesan-Peppercorn dressing. But I also use Penzeys Green Goddess, Buttermilk & Herb, and Creamy Peppercorn dressing bases and mix with mayo or whatever they suggest and make a “semi-homemade” dressing.

4 Likes

I loved Maria’s Creamy Garlic but I don’t know if they even make it any longer (or if the company is still in business). I like Annie’s Goddess dressing and Ken’s Steakhouse bleu cheese. One of my absolute favorites was Ken’s Steakhouse Tomato Bacon but it was discontinued like 20 years ago.

3 Likes

I buy Marie’s Creamy Italian Garlic dressing at ShopRite or Stop&Shop. It’s my favorite, too. Others in my family like the Super Blue Cheese. They fight over that stuff.

2 Likes

I use Marie’s Creamy Italian Garlic dressing for my deviled eggs!! Also I chop Romaine lettuce, use a chilled 3 or 4 bean prepared jarred salad - drain it well and mix the cold lettuce with it using the same dressing. It’s really yummy and different.

3 Likes

This one.

4 Likes

@ipsedixit

I try to stay away from commercially made stuff like that. Howevet, Trader Vic’s used to have a ‘Javanese Salad Dressing’ that imho was to die for. Basically a vinaigrette that maybe had basil in it, was a great marinade for chicken or froggy legs.

1 Like

I almost always make salad dressings & vinaigrettes from scratch, bc while I’ve looked for palatable commercial salad dressings, I’ve so far haven’t found any I like.

That said, this popped up in my Facebook feed today, and I’d be willing to give the winner a shot some time!

3 Likes

As long as this topic is resurrected……

Bob’s is a regional brand (CA & the Southwest) but this stuff is so good for soooo many things.

3 Likes

Hee hee

1 Like

So much for the search function here. :woozy_face:

3 Likes

:grinning:

Nothing wrong with saying it again. I’ll add it to my American food wish list for future visits

2 Likes

How strange! That Bob’s Famous Bleu Cheese dressing must be part of the Shoney’s/Bob’s Big Boy restaurant chains, (plus other names) but I didn’t know they had notable salad dressing… I mostly remember (fondly!) their hot fudge cake and the comic/activity books they’d give younger customers.

5 Likes