Cocktails in a can

No, one shouldn’t. But I can see the appeal of grabbing a can or two if on a vacation or for a day at the beach.

2 Likes

Exactly. I don’t need help making a vodka lemonade…but it’s nice to have it in a chilled pouch for spontaneous happy hours at our community garden.

2 Likes

Right–didn’t think of the portability advantage.

1 Like
2 Likes

yes I remember this era well

I always make the cocktails on my own that I cannot think of checking the cans because I will not possibly buy them. But I would like to get the canned cocktails and taste their differences with the homemade ones. Maybe I will love them and change for good and use them instead of making them at home.

What are some of your favorite cocktails to make?

My experience with canned/bottled cocktails is there’s not enough booze in them. I make most drinks with a two ounce pour.

I prefer the method of filling the glass and topping it up for an old fashioned or making a second for a martini.

;0)

My experience as well. The times I’ve bought them (cutwater Mai Tais have the ABV of a glass of wine) I add to them. Otherwise, it’s a drink to be poured over ice cubes in a tall glass and drunk like, well, a big glass of wine over ice. Not really a serious Mai Tai, but enjoyable in its own way. I’m too old to be looking to get hammered - I do, however, appreciate a well crafted cocktail - to be savored.

1 Like