Cocktails in a can

I think a lot of them are consumed in the car :grimacing:

1 Like

That’s brilliant!! Every time I try to drink and drive, I just wind up just spilling my drink!!!
(original credit to Sinatra? Martin? One of them use to tell that joke)

1 Like

At the source Raffles Long Bar, we had a Singapore Sling that paled in comparison to the premade cocktail served onboard the inbound Singapore Airlines flight . . . at least to our palate.

2 Likes

Slow & Low also makes a decent canned Mai Tai.

1 Like

Hah, SJV was just down the road from where I grew up!

2 Likes

Okay that’s something to try thanks

Singapore airlines is probably the best food & beverage airline.

2 Likes

Unrelated to the topic, but I flew Singapore internationally for the first time this year after mostly flying various American airlines, and it’s such a completely different experience, both food and overall.

3 Likes

We’re not going to choose between Singapore and Cathay.

Well if we’re going to chose my vote is Cathay hands down.
Those stewards don’t stop working, cleaning, feeding & services all very gracious & the noodles are always extremely good
Another thread? lol

I think that thread would devolve into a tragic commentary on how awful the domestic choices have gotten…

2 Likes

You are surely right. There was once a time when United [!] served caviar and Dom Perignon on an international route, and carved [!] rack of lamb on a cross country domestic trip. Enough tragedy for today.

3 Likes

No doubt

Looking for a canned Singapore Sling to buy whether locally or online, we found none. Apparently even in Singapore it’s not possible:

Now we wonder whether there is some kind of a trademark license issue with Raffles Long Bar.

The quote is “I never go jogging, it makes me spill my martini.” Attributed to George Burns, but I thought it was Deano Martino, too :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Crown and coke. Really. A coworker got me a bunch. I used to like Crown, as a sipper. Ah well, if they sell, they’re worth the risk.

1 Like

There is a Jack & Coke coming stateside shortly.
Family in Australia where it’s already available tell me it’s terrible.
Crown & Coke Yeah that’s something to consider.

I’ve seen Jack and Coke in the store a year or two ago.
For me the locally made vodka and blueberry lemonade in a pouch is handy for happy hours in the garden. It’s an adult juice box :wink:

1 Like

Does one really need help in making a Jack & Coke or a rum & Coke?

3 Likes

Have you ever traveled across America?

1 Like