Chowhound archive and most memorable posts

Greatest thread ever . IS A HOT DOG SANDWICH.

2 Likes

She did. They worked with the bartenders at several of their restaurants who let them know when M&H were in looking for Janet and her husband the night before. IIRC, there eventually was an occasion when Janet’s party of 4 was having drinks pre-dinner when M&H came in. The bartender immediately told Janet “Your table of 4 is ready for your group!” And hustled them to their table. And then there was another instance where Janet and her group were able to avoid having M&H join them. They got the idea after that.

3 Likes

I was SO disappointed when CH removed the April 1st Banana thread instead of just locking it after everyone had their fun. I forget the premise, but it was a GREAT thread.

4 Likes

I was going to mention the Banana board as a great thread created by a CH employee back when they were allowed to have a sense of humor\whimsy. I think there was a subsequent Spatula board started by some mischievous hounds (I was not, of course, among them :wink:

5 Likes

I remember the many spatula avatars that cropped up. LOL

4 Likes

My absolute, favorite post of all time.

5 Likes

Great! I’m glad that worked out without any further bloodshed :grinning: I hope she left those wonderful bartenders a nice tip :slightly_smiling_face: It always pays to be nice to your servers :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I remember LOOK AT IT was a part of that nonsense (but fun nonsense!)

2 Likes

I decided to take screenshots of my photos that I uploaded.

4 Likes

Welcome to HO, @isabellacat! ETA: Oops, I see that you have been here for awhile. Well, welcome to posting! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Clearly I am lacking caffeine today and better pour myself a cup.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

Ooooo! How did you do that? Uploading images one by one?

1 Like

Could you tell me how to see newest posts first when I am in a thread? Thanks.

@isabellacat, you ask a great question. I don’t know the answer. So I’ll start a How to see newest posts first? topic in the Site Discussions thread and tag other smart HO members to try and get the answer. Other people probably want to know too.

You can jump to the most recent post by clicking on the date below the blue vertical bar on the right side. And then read up.

1 Like

Would there be any point in requesting the addition of this feature?

1 Like

There’s no harm in asking, but I don’t think the software supports it.

I re-read this thread - so much fun! But I was struck by the final post from the mods, locking the thread, which was so disapproving!

2 Likes

From one of Chowhound message boards:

“There is no secret to peeling hard boiled eggs. What most people don’t realize is that eggs are outstanding judges of the cook’s character. If you’re a naturally good person, eggs peel easily no matter what. If you’re a naturally bad person, you’ll never be able to peel an egg without some sticking, again, no matter what. If your behavior is typically hit or miss, well, sometimes you can peel them easily, and sometimes it’ll look like you peeled the eggs with a claw hammer.”
So sayeth the 'pad.

I think it may have been ricepad’s quote. I can’t find the thread if someone knows it maybe they could link it?

I just thought that this was Brilliant!
So wanted to share.

10 Likes
2 Likes