Cheesesteaks

There is a Speakeatery thread on here if you search for it, if you do you will find many similar posts from several of us. For me it was a lack of cheese, I don’t recall being upset by the meat ratio but the cheese ( I forgot what they use ) was non existent.

Thanks for the report!

1 Like

Thanks! I will search. Maybe it’s not at all their fault. I’m the type of guy where there’s never enough meat. Unless I’m at my happy place Fernandes in Sayreville, actually, they do a cheesesteak on their rodizio. It’s just a hunk of meat with cheese stuffed into it. I can’t complain about that!

3 Likes

Hahahaha Fernandes III is another board favorite. We’ve even had a few get togethers there!

4 Likes

Another west coast attempt

2 Likes

Well…

Always happy with a cheesesteak that doesn’t use Cheese Whiz.

The guest’s knife skills are poor. AB is better. Jacking the temperature around on the flattop just isn’t right. Loading the bun is a mess.

3 Likes

Who knew making an amazinig cheesesteak at home was so easy! After a couple tries I think I got it to a point where I prefer it over just about any shop.

Hand sliced ribeye, onions and peppers from my mom’s garden. Cooked hot in bacon fat, nothing but plenty of salt and pepper.

Cheese sauce is Velveeta melted with half and half.

12 Likes

Picked this up as a wrap from Attilio’s in WLB. Bit moist but reheated well. Good steak not a lot of flavor so souped it up with some Chipotle hot sauce. Big flavorful Chipotle-like wrap with mushrooms and onions.

6 Likes

4 Likes

What do you guys think?

1 Like

The pic looks more like a d’Angelo’s grilled pita sandwich, which I much prefer to a downtown Philly cheesesteak. But a cheesesteak, it probably isn’t.

Husband and I were talking just the other day that we wished we had a d’Angelo’s in our area. Shaved beef and veggies grilled INDIVIDUALLY AND TO ORDER.

2 Likes

I’ve only had a couple of those and my usual response is “not bad.”

My favorite - and we have one about 25 minutes from us…usually only stop in when we’re running errands, not a destination meal but a real treat!

1 Like

My personal favorite cheesesteak in NJ is White House Subs in Atlantic City.

Been meaning to try Donkey’s Steaks in Camden, just not thrilled about the ride there.

If we’re taking Philly (I know this is a NJ thread), I’ve always loved John’s Roast Pork, their cheesesteak is the pinnacle for me, so all others get rated against it.

I need to go through the entire thread, need to know if there are any good options in Monmouth / Ocean County…

4 Likes

There’s more than one cheese steak thread hidden away.

3 Likes

Yesterday I had the best cheesesteak ever. Its on the lunch menu & comes with fries. The crushed hot cherry peppers might make it a little spicy for some.

1 Like

I know you’re writing about the cheese steak, but brussel sprouts with honey and cap’n crunch?
I’m puzzled.
:wink:

Believe our own @NotJrvedivici has sung this dish’s praises before. I’ve seen this a cpl other places as well

1 Like

And Cap’n Crunch isn’t a NJ term for something else?
Yikes :flushed:

Pretty sure The HardRock Cafes have a Captain Crunch Chicken dish on their menu. I’ve always wanted to make it.

1 Like