Cheeseburgers.....the official NJ burger thread

Ugh… I’m getting older now too… Have to reduce White Castle sliders to only a few times a year. But recently they had this garlic cheese that I couldn’t get enough of. Played it safe and got it on their tiny fried chicken sandwiches though.

Talking about slider type burgers… Any love for white rose system in highland park? Mouth watering… Maybe I’ll have to stop in next week

1 Like

I haven’t tried that Csj. I don’t get around that area much. I assume it’s great?

OK another one to try, if you don’t mind spending a few extra dollars on “beach tax,” is this burger at mcloones. This is truly a delicious burger from a place notoriously known for putting out mediocre food. Everything about this dish rocks…from the great fries to the crunchy pickle chips and chewy pretzel roll. It is steep in price, but for burger fans I’d recommend trying it at least once.

Irish Prime Rib Burger$19.95
Guinness cheddar cheese, onion rings, sliced pickles, pretzel roll, french fries

1 Like

You need to try White Rose in Highland Park for sliders.

They are the best.

1 Like

I will have to try this my friend. Any particular combination or is it one size fits all?

Ps…we need some more burger pics here folks :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’ve always done our burger eating either at home or at various spots in Manhattan. That is, until a few months ago when we went to B2Bistro, in Red Bank, specifically to try the cheeseburger which I’d heard good things about. It was enjoyable but didn’t blow me away. The pickles it was supposed to come with were awol though we didn’t realize it until I looked at the menu at home when I was posting my photos in Flickr.

<a href="Dry Aged Burger

The rest of the B2Bistro photos are here.

My Blog
My Flickr

1 Like

I like the double bacon cheese burger with an order of cheese fries, and two cans of soda.

Seems like the Cali versions (lettuce and tomato) overpower the onions for me.

I think white rose is as much about the atmosphere as it is about their greasy food

2 Likes

White Manna up in Hackensack also has great sliders:

1 Like

Damn…not up there much but might have to hit these northern spots soon.

How is smash burger?

A decent burger from an unexpected spot is Johns pizza in long branch across from the train station.

I like the smashes.

I would have to say tho my favorite chain is in-n-out burger. Those things are addictive. First thing off the plane in Cali I am looking for one.

That’s the one where you order it animal style or something whacky right?

Double double animal style lol

I’m not usually a fan of secret sauces, but theirs is great. Really wish they would come over to the east but the rumor is that they can’t expand too far because they ship their beef fresh and their quality control is demanding on their bakers and farmers [quote=“corvette_johnny, post:31, topic:6013, full:true”]
That’s the one where you order it animal style or something whacky right?
[/quote]

I kind of like just the plain double double, not so much an animal style fan.

I think the best thing about their burgers is that they are really fresh.

And there is something about the secret sauce that is addictive.

1 Like

Viking I take it you won’t be trying the whopperito? Hahahaha!

2 Likes

What’s with the green check box “solution”?

No clue. I just unchecked it and it went away. ???

Well ironically that was the solution!

So what options do we have around here for aged burgers? I know of fromagerie and b2.

I have a six month old patty I’ve been saving for a special occasion …

If you like I can scrape off the green part for ya

1 Like

Good one.