Carbon steel pan recommendation

It’s been too quiet in the house, so I decided to adopt a rescue green cheek conure. Birds are very suseptable to airborne issues. That means no air fresheners, or teflon.

I have a small (6"-8" maybe) pan that I use for eggs, grilled cheese, etc. So to replace it, I thought carbon steel would be a good idea. I’m not looking to break the bank, just something serviceable. Does anybody have any on-line recommendations since I won’t be visiting any stores any time soon?

1 Like

As far as not “breaking the bank”, I have been thrilled with Tramontina cookware over the last ten years.

Take it for what it’s worth but this is what Consumer Reports says. I have a small De Buyer and recently acquired a Made-In deep 12”, that I think I prefer over the De Buyer.

I have a Darto - after some use/“natural seasoning” it’s about 1/2 a molecule away from Teflon in terms of nonstick.

DeBuyer is considered one of the best if not the best carbon steel fry pan cookware. That being said… you are looking at $60-70. While it is more expensive than other carbon steel cookware, they aren’t more expensive than many other type of cookware like stainless steel triply or enameled cast iron.

1 Like

I decided to go with the Tramontina 8.5 inch pan. Thanks for all your recommendations!

1 Like