Cape Cod 2020

Though our Cape escape is over, I have a few more pics to share. We didn’t explore restaurants and eateries or connect with friends as we would have at another time. Yet we enjoyed plenty!

First, I forgot to post a nice lobster roll meal we picked up from Kream N Cone (Chatham) early in the week. Lobster was lightly dressed in mayo. I’d be happy with this any day, though it wasn’t in my super tip-top tier of ultimate lobster rolls.

Leftover grilled lobster and its clarified butter side did make it into a spicy lobster pasta. You might call this lobster fra diavolo though I suspect I took liberties on the classic preparation.

Used CSA cherry tomatoes, garlic, and a minced hot pepper brought from home to give the dish a kick. Browned panko breadcrumbs on top.

We indulged in fried native scallops on our last night, again curbside pickup from Mac’s in Chatham. Both the scallops and the fry job were stellar. I have to say I would have preferred an unseasoned batter to this version, which to me tasted of Old Bay.

Sometime I’d love to taste scallops like these in a plainer batter to let the delicate shellfish flavor shine through.

A happy week full of summer flavors and walks, wrapped up just as the calendar turns to fall.

A change of scenery can be everything.

11 Likes

We too are home from our Cape escape and are very glad we went. We had some excellent meals all around Wellfleet, walked a lot, read a lot, and disconnected from the craziness. Time well spent and much needed.
Stay well everyone, keep posting your food finds!

8 Likes