Burrito ideas?

Chinese pork floss, scrambled eggs, pickled radishes and/or kimchi.

You should come to San Francisco. There are many Mexi-Korean kitchens.

It occurs to me that I haven’t had a burrito in 5 years or more. We have drifted to street (or more accurately truck) tacos. Same flavor profile but more manageable size.
Mine = cabeza or tripos or lengua + hot salsa + one or two pickled jalapeños. Two of these makes a fine lunch.

There are plenty in LA too.

Never been a fan because they seem more filling than tasty, especially the ones with rice AND beans, but husband likes them so I am hitching a ride.

My attempt was a total flop. Honestly! Bread is so much better. - Gustavo Woltmann

1 Like

I like them way more like this, thanks! I don’t know why, but something about them being all wrapped up like that makes them seem more like a snack than an actual adult lunch to me. But a little quesadilla with cheese - ooh!

1 Like

Also in the b’fast burrito camp. Eggs, potatoes, roast poblanos, salsa. I don’t love other burritos, bc the tortilla is bland. Otoh, take the same tortilla and brown it in a pan with a little butter and toppings of your choice, and that’s a whole nother thing.

1 Like

Simple chimis.

2 Likes

I kept waiting for her to use toothpicks. That’s what I do. Or I may try a flour/water glue one of these days. Burritos are ok in a pinch, but I love chimichangas.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Back to the original question, using “Plain old roasted veggies seems too bland. Any topping ideas/suggestions?”
The problem is the “plain old”. I roast my vegetables in a homemade Thai seasoning mix or Cajun mix. Just salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika could work too.
Add a little rice, skip the beans. Add a little sour cream or even ricotta cheese. No need for meat.
if your roasted vegetables need a kick, a little Lao Gan Ma Chilli Crisp makes the burrito perfect.

1 Like

@Mr_Happy’s video is THE answer to OP question. They make rolling the burrito look easy. I have found it takes some practice. Don’t be disheartened if your first few look a little herniated.