Brooklyn Copper Cookware grows: new 11" Rondeau & Casserole

Brooklyn Copper Cookware just shipped the first production run of some new larger diameter pieces - a 5 Quart 11" Large Rondeau and an a 10 Quart 11" Large Casserole with an 11.5" flat cover.

These beauties arrived in my home yesterday, and I photographed them next to their smaller diameter 9.5" current production siblings - the 3 Quart Rondeau and the 6 Quart Casserole.

These hand-turned masterpieces are made with 3 mm thick copper lined with hand-wiped tin, and the forged iron handles are attached with copper rivets. They will last for generations!

BCC makes some of the finest copper cookware that has ever been produced. They are a small niche company that deserves to be celebrated for reviving the production of high-end no-compromise artisanal copper cookware in the USA.

P.S. I have no relationship to BCC other than as a happy customer.

See photos below in 1st reply:

Rondeau1Rondeau2Rondeau3Casserole1Casserole2Casserole3

1 Like

Thank you so much for showing us your amazing pans.

Amazing products, congrats on your purchase.

Mac and Lane deserve our congratulations and support!

Beautiful! Thank you for the pics.
I have a 9.5" rondeau (not BCC, alas) & it’s just fine for two chicken breasts but have been considering the 11" rondeau for larger serving preps. Looking forward to hearing about your cooking experiences. Do you think the 11" would be sufficient for four servings of protein?
(Am a little intimidated by the weight).

What’s their rationale for shipping the small pieces first? to get the technique nailed down first with cheaper (relatively, that is) pieces?

As you can see in the above photos, there is a huge difference in volume between a 9.5" and 11" rondeau. The 9.5" is good for cooking for 2 or 3 people, whereas the 11" will easily feed 4-6 (or more).

As an illustration, here are some pics of the making of a duck ragu that I made last month as the main course for Canadian Thanksgiving. I braised 5 duck legs/thighs in an 11" tin-lined Mauviel rondeau:

BCC does not punch the copper sheets into shape, but rather they are turned on a lathe and shaped by hand with a mandrel. Someone please add to the description of how they are made as I am not an expert.

Each change in diameter requires retooling. They started with 9.5" pots, then made some smaller saucepans, and have now gone up to 11".

I suppose that before you try to sell a more expensive 11" rondeau you should first make a kick-ass superlative 9.5" one to establish your reputation, and create a pool of ready buyers who would love a larger version for making bigger meals than the smaller rondeau can handle.

Thanks, exactly what I needed to know.