Bread bake and sweet treats, what are you making 2021

The dough looked ready to go so fresh out of the oven. Brushed with garlic, dried sweet pepper bits, fresh rosemary and maldon salt.

10 Likes

I rang the focaccia bell and its gone, gone, gone! :laughing:
Gotta buy more flour!!

5 Likes

Blueberry Brown Butter Buckle - with ginger, black pepper and nutmeg

7 Likes

Choux with orange blossom flavoured cream, lemon, bitter orange marmalade, acacia honey cream, lemon zest shortbread. Choux dough still needs improvement. It’s a recipe of Pierre Hermé and delicious!

13 Likes

Simple yogurt cake. So much easier than pound cake.

9 Likes

Welcome back @Rooster - you have been missed! That loaf is a thing of beauty, and I can almost smell and taste it. Looking forward to your fall and winter baking projects too!

1 Like

Thanks. I’m enjoying a slice with raspberry jam this morning.

2 Likes

So I tried a new recipe, Pumpkin Bundt Cake with a Chocolate Streusel Swirl. The recipe is by Zoe Francois. I love the physical size of this cake. I hate dinky cakes! This one is beautiful and impressive.

The chocolate streusel swirl was easy to do. She has you create three layers, two inside then the final layer on the top (which is the bottom of the cake ultimately). Next time I’d just sprinkle the streusel in two layers inside the cake for a more substantial swirl.

Becuase it uses oil, it was a very moist cake. And it has stayed fresh for quite some time. During our HO Down at Saturn Pizza, there was a suggestion to amp up the spice level a tad. It was a bit muted. This was not a super sweet cake, which I enjoyed. I’ll definitely be making it again!

pumpkin cake slice

8 Likes

Gorgeous!

1 Like

Freshly baked Whole Wheat Bread - perfect for lunch with some ricotta, EVOO, salt and pepper

9 Likes

Great looking loaf and a tasty way to enjoy it.

1 Like

Very beautiful labours however, we are not fans of pumpkin.

Looks very professional !

Gorgeous crumb!

1 Like

@honkman,
Wonderful bread.

The crumb on that looks gorgeous! Yum!

Son dropped by and took home a warm loaf (which he sampled here) and apple pie.
Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 11.03.56 AM

11 Likes

Looks great - what type of bread is it ?

Very lovely bread and quite an appetising crust on that apple pie.

1 Like

2 Likes

Just 18 hour, Dutch oven bake.

2 Likes