box of chocolates poll

One of each is the way to go if it’s a shop I haven’t tried. Sometimes even odd sounding ones can be really good. That said, I’d take a single bar of good, dark chocolate over individual filled ones any day.

3 Likes

I like the filled type, or chocolate in things like cookies and cakes. I often bring boxes of assorted filled chocolates home after I travel.

I probably wouldn’t eat chocolate as often if it was plain chocolate. I’m not tempted by the 70 %. 85 %, 90% chocolate I keep on hand for someone else .

I’m just realizing your shop is one that was recommended to me on FB by some former Chowhounds when I sent my cousin- who was working at a children’s hospital- a box of chocolates as a care package in March 2020, when things were shutting down. I ultimately went with a chocolatier who was a little closer to Dallas. I will keep you in mind for this Xmas.

2 Likes

Not sure if it’s still there, but Babette, being local, might know. There was a candy/chocolate shop on one of the mountain pass roads in WA (can’t recall if it was the 2, 20, or 90 :frowning: ) somewhat west of Baker/North Cascades which had all the exotic flavors. They would often pair a traditional flavor like a fruit or a caramel with spices and with various chilis, and they did a great job of it. Delicious place that we visited a couple, three times and definitely sampled the stuff that sounded weird!

2 Likes

If it’s for the (extended) holiday season, I’d get 1x12 because many people are likely sampling from a single box.

If it’s me alone, probably 2x6 or 4x3.

Do you have the ability to let people choose when they order? Or is this for pre-packed boxes stocked elsewhere?

1 Like

Bingo.

My ideal box of See’s (if it’s just for me) would be almost entirely the dark chocolate marzipan, along with a few dark chocolate molasses chips. Back when they still did the dark chocolate glacé ginger, I’d have said half and half that and marzipan.

From a local shop like Chocolaterie with interesting flavors, I want to taste the gamut.

5 Likes

hmm, maybe in Leavenworth?

pre-packed boxes stocked elsewhere

1 Like

looks like they do nice work!

No. My H says probably on the 2 or the 20, and it was in the middle of nowhere’sville. Leavenworth is at least a little Disney town. I’ll see if I can figure out the name, and if it’s still in business.

1 Like

Oops! Maybe not for @Sasha

I am not one who prefers sweet to savory, but my last trip offered so many choices. My kids assembled a box. Not me. I don’t know how i would answer this, if I was traveling.
I do love snickers.

5 Likes

I am obviously a one of each kind of guy.

Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 3.24.26 PM

6 Likes

Nice!

We opened a See’s two pounder that we got for Christmas, the other day. Old. Old tasting. Old composition. Yuck.

1 Like

If you got it for Christmas, it’s at least four months old, and probably older than that. So it’s not surprising that it tastes old. It IS old.

4 Likes

If you want a killer assortment that really is all about the CHOCOLATE, I cannot recommend these guys strongly enough:

I particularly recommend the Assorted Dark or Assorted Milk gift box for 3 pieces each of 9 variations.

The ones made with wild Hawaiian Guava are just absolutely TO DIE FOR.

Not cheap. Totally worth it. Go for a tasting if you’re ever in Maui.

2 Likes