Boston Area - good things to eat under $15

The people have asked. We will answer.

For your consideration: an order of Tasty Momos, eight dumplings with two kinds of sauce for between $10-12 from Tasty Momo in Magoun Square, Somerville.

5 Likes

An order of dumplings (pork with leek for me) at QingDao Garden in Cambridge for $10.95.

1 Like

Lunch at any Indian restaurant is below $15. Lunch at the good Chinese ones, e.g. Sichuan Gourmet, etc.

Technically it’s $16 now, but the cold mezze sampler at Ali Baba in Charlestown. Worth the extra dollar!

2 Likes

Any of the hand-pulled noodle dishes at Home Taste

2 Likes

Could you tell us a few of your favorites? Would be very helpful!

1 Like

Meatballs in marinara or chicken pita at Area Four in Kendall Square.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried this yet, but I aim to fix that over the next few days: the fried chicken bo lo bao at the new Rubato. It’s been getting some strong reviews and it looks delicious (it’s the sandwich pictured on this page with their menu).

2 Likes

oh my that looks good!

1 Like

At on red cent under the limit, chicken plate at Guru the Caterer (Tikka Masala and Palak Paneer for me ).

2 Likes

(Two threads $5 apart are confusing)

1 Like

Well, one thread organically beget the other.

I may not be wicked smart, but even I can appreciate and consider the 2 separate threads.

2 Likes

If you know about begetting, you are wicked smart.

1 Like

I’m hoping that’s enough begetting :wink:

2 Likes

Tried it today, and it’s good! Was busy in there, and their Instagram sure is dating they’ve been selling out of food by 2pm, so they’re temporarily opening only till 2pm so they can adjust their stock I guess. I ended up having to take it home, and despite putzing around for an hour on errands before eating, it help up pretty well.

2 Likes

I hope this is not considered a hijack, but I think it’s related-ish. This RI-centric article was published in the Globe a few days ago. I’m linking a repost to get around the paywall for anyone who hasn’t seen it already. I love the diversity of the places listed. I thought my fellow ex-Rhode Islander might be interested @BobfromRIinVA.

RI cheap eats $15 and under

(So, the begetting continues, @MaxEntropy! :wink:)

2 Likes

@digga , I imagined it going to $10 then $5 ;-). This is welcome begotten!

3 Likes

Sandwich Hut ftw!

1 Like

Ice cream at Christina’s in Cambridge count?

1 Like

Depends on your age. When I first came to America in 1977 I had a budget of $1.50 for lunch, give or take a few pennies. My local deli offered three choices at my price point:

1. Roast beef on a roll with lettuce and tomato
  2. Egg salad on whole wheat and a pint of milk
  3. A pint of Häagen-Dazs ice cream.

Many is the time I opted for #3 and called it lunch.

2 Likes