Boneless Sirloin Tip Roast

Its WFD on Saturday, and I am bored.

I always make it one of two ways. Chopped fresh parsley, crushed garlic, thyme, cracked pepper and salt. Mix with a couple T. of oil, press it on the roast. Cook.

Open a jar of horseradish, press it on the roast. Cook.

I have half a mind to just mix salt&pepper, press it on the roast. Cook… just to be different…

Any ideas? If it matters, I like it med-rare.

You could do an old throw back recipe. My grandmother seasoned the roast with pepper, sliced pork salt and adhered it all over the roast to cover it…it looked like a porcupine when it went into the oven. Roast to your desired doneness. Slice thin after it rests.

I have some salt pork I was going to put in lima beans (boring). This sounds like a better use for it! :smiley:

It tasted good, but you didn’t get that brown seared meat because once you took off the salt pork to slice the meat was a little blah, but it tasted awesome and I loved to nibble on a piece of the crispy pork. Now that I know more about cooking, I might sear the roast, then adhere the salt pork and roast so you get the best of both worlds.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your advice, but the hubby wasnt keen on the salt pork idea and I really like a “crust” on the outside.

So, I stabbed into the roast with a sharp knife and filled the holes with garlic cloves, salt and pepper on the outside and popped it in the oven.

It was pretty good if I do say so myself…

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. I truly appreciate it and I plan to make the salt pork recipe, it does sound wonderful. .and, well, pork is a good thing. :blush:

3 Likes