Bloom (Verona, NJ)

All looks terrific. Mushroom risotto is calling my name. :+1:

2 Likes

Looking great buddy! May I ask what the little side dish is with the ribeye? That is looking like a nicely charred piece of meat!

1 Like

Thanks Jimmy! The mushroom risotto was excellent. It was nice and creamy and topped with crispy garlic chips.

2 Likes

Thanks Johnny! The steak was very good. That little side dish was excellent smoked salt to sprinkle over the steak. The steak also had roasted garlic on top of it that spread like butter.

We had another outstanding dinner at Bloom. Besides the usually awesome bulgogi with kimchi fried rice, scallops, pork tacos, kabocha squash salad, and fried shishito peppers, we had creamy garlicky artichoke dip and kabocha squash gnocchi in bechamel sauce. It all went great with The Offering, an excellent California red blend.

4 Likes

We had another fabulous dinner at Bloom. Chefs Woo and Joanne were very generous enough to preview to us some upcoming new menu items which take effect next Tuesday. They comped us some crispy crab balls that were like mini crab cakes, and a root salad consisting of kabocha squash, parsnips, candied pecans, potatoes, and ricotta cheese, in a balsamic syrup. We also Enjoyed some old time favorites of spicy pork tacos with wasabi coleslaw, fried soy glazed shishito peppers, artichoke dip, caramelized kimchi, crispy sweet cod balls, in a garlic sauce with french couscous, and melt in your mouth, fork tender short ribs in a carrot puree. We had a ton of leftovers. It all went great with a 2012 Chateau Sixtine Chateauneuf Du Pape.

12 Likes

Looks amazing. I feel like crab balls are something that can only be delicious

Thanks Mr. Met. The crispy crab balls were delicious. They taste like mini crab cakes.

Great meal as usual. Would like to try the crab balls as well.

How do you like Aerator? Is it yours?

1 Like

Thank you!
I love the Aervana aerator. It runs on 6 triple A batteries and it really opens up the wine.

How about washing? Easy to clean throughly? I guess you use it for different types of wine.

Yes, it is easy to clean. You fill an old wine bottle up with water, and put it in the bottle, and press and hold the button for five seconds, three separate times, to rinse it out.

1 Like

We had another excellent dinner at Bloom. They just got an excellent 3 star review from NJ Monthly. They were slammed tonight. They had to turn away about 10 people without reservations. Besides the usually excellent fried shishito peppers and pork tacos we tried some items from their new menu including a creamy lobster risotto with crispy garlic chips and a perfectly cooked lobster tail on top; steamed cod in a miso consommé; awesome king oyster mushrooms topped with bacon, breadcrumbs, and garlic butter; crispy crab balls; and a taste of the decadent kimchi au gratin with sweet potatoes. It all went great with an excellent Shiraz.

10 Likes

Great looking dinner as always! Menu looks fantastic too. Must be hard to pick, so many terrific sounding dishes.

2 Likes

Thanks Mr. Met! Everything was delicious. Besides a few usual dishes I try to get something new each month.

1 Like

We had another outstanding dinner at Bloom. I was so glad to see that the restaurant was completely full by 6PM, especially during these trying times. It’s great to see people supporting small businesses.
We enjoyed the mushroom, escargot, crispy juicy fried chicken wings with soy and garlic, pork tacos, chicken cordon bleu, and the cod. It all went great with an excellent Black Slate Priorat.

9 Likes

I must thank you and acknowledge my wife has noticed new wine swagger in our home due to your weekly recommendations. I didn’t tell her at first you are responsible but she found my scribble notes :rofl:

2 Likes

I am so happy to be of service, and glad that you are enjoying some nice wines :blush: Are there any in particular that you have enjoyed?

1 Like

This especially.

2 Likes

That is an excellent red blend. I’m glad that you enjoyed it.

1 Like