Big Mike’s Little Red Store [NJ]

Italian Sub

11 Likes

Dam that does look good! When I see a sub like that I have no idea how subways exist.

5 Likes

Not something I would usually order but I am determined to work my way through the menu here. Have usually avoided something breaded on a sandwich, except for BK Original Chicken Sandwich, for which I have a soft spot.
The Purple Haze. I want to avoid any sandwich alterations here but I opted out of the Balsamic Glaze. I abhor what this ingredient has become.
Tasty sandwich with fresh ingredients and good provolone, thoughtfully made on the always reliable semolina sub roll. Filled end to end like a good sandwich should be.

11 Likes

Hot Roast Beef, gravy, mozzarella, hot peppers.

20210923_140543

10 Likes

Went today finally. Man food is good here.

Got an Italian, cousin vinny, and California chicken.
No pics as we are them in the car in way back. Bread on all three was top notch
Only nits to pick where the Italian could have used more oils and vinegar and the California had a strong cheddar which overpowered the chicken a bit. Both easy things to ask around next time.
31 bucks for all three, huge portions. We are at 2 and 730 still still full.
Def gonna make this a regular stop. Def a contender for my fav subs locally. Will have to try thier dinners to go as well.

8 Likes

This looks INCREDIBLE.

1 Like

Sad news as today was last day for this spot. Looks like the team will be opening a more traditional full service bar and restaurant. Does anyone have further info as to concept or location? Location was a bit far for me to hit all the time but man we did go as often as we could and it legit never disappointed. Sandwich platters were always a hit.
Will dearly miss the purple haze. My fav sub in NJ prob.

Also rumor I heard was the owner of almost home is takin lg over Thai spot and expanding it out.

2 Likes

And just like that…

2 Likes

Darn it!!! (loved the location)

1 Like