Big British and Irish Breakfasts

I think I’m gonna pass on that one…

2 Likes

Might be preferable to the brain fritters? A great way to start the day. Or not.

3 Likes

Oh, but I love brains. Not that I’ve had brain fritters, but I’d be willing to give them a go - maybe not for breakfast, but as a tapa? Bring it on.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/DeshpalPanesar/status/1551165920411897856

1 Like

No shortage of eggs in either of the supermarkets I normally use.

I can understand why there might be issues with sausages, particularly for British producers who might sell to supermarkets. Even “factory farmed” pigs in this country are raised with higher welfare standards than in some other European countries. It means that sausages produced with foreign pork are likely to be cheaper than those with British pork. It’s been an issue for some years. I tend to buy sausages from the farmers market, where I can be assured that the pigs are free range (although I do occasionally buy free range or organic supermarket products.

5 Likes

“pigs in this country are raised with higher welfare standards than in some other European countries” I thought the main idea of Brexit was to get rid of the exacting EU standards for quality (including food stuff), but maybe I misunderstood :o) Just pulling your leg!

Now that this thread has been bumped, I’m going to seek out a Full English in Toronto this Sunday.

2 Likes

I don’t understand. Can you share a link that might shed some light?

Please do not joke about our catastrophic decision to leave the Union. It has, and will continue to, make us poorer, with less influence in the world and with the most vulnerable members of our society made even more vulnerable . It really isnt at all funny.

7 Likes

1 Like

More AI, I see :smiley:

2 Likes

My English breakfast.

I like eating English breakfast very much. It is not boring at all. I think it is very delicious. There are few authentic English breakfasts in my city. Beans, mushrooms, bacon and a cup of coffee are very delicious.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy the time you spend here.

Your breakfast photo looks a very nice plate of food if, as you say, not particularly traditional. May I ask where your city is?

John

1 Like

I currently live in mainland China, and my breakfast was in a luxury hotel. Because it was delicious, I kept it as a souvenir.

2 Likes