Best food deals in NJ (not restaurant)

Hmm that’s a tough one! I’m gonna say 3$/lb? How’d I do? :smiley:

Chuck Tenders $1.49 per pound at Restaurant Depot today. I bought a 20 pounder. Maybe tomorrow I’ll show you all a pic of my meat grinder…

Good guess…3.99. They weren’t the best but they rang me up at 1lb a piece. So for 4 bucks a pop I thought they were a good, if not a great deal. I was a little “over served” when I cooked those, so next time I’m going to do much better and have some ideas to really improve them. I was lazy. Even half assing it and over cooking them, I enjoyed that 4 dollar chop lol. Fwiw, those were well over a pound a piece stuffed. I’d say they came in around 19oz, if not 20. The funny thing is I always have a digital fish scale in my fishing van so I should have weighed these lol. Next time

Chuck Tenders $1.49 per pound

I’m not familiar with this cut… what do you do with it? Sounds like I need to make a trip. Do you know if the sale will still be good tomorrow or the day after?

@corvette_johnny That’s a good deal! I never have the patience to stuff my meat (huh huh) myself so I’m always game for premade goodness like that, even though I hate the idea of paying meat prices for filling.

Per the meat guy @ RD: It’s from the top of the shoulder behind the neck. looks to be about 15% fat - maybe a little more. First time I bought one so I’m learning here. He said it’s tender (?) & he uses it for kebabs & steaks. I’m going to grind it into burger.

It was on the clearance rack & there were 6 or 7 of them there. No ide how long they’ll last. They also had a ton of filets on the rack - $4.50 - $6.25 per #. & a bunch of Italian sausage for $5 per box but I’m stocked up on that already.

Avocados are .59 at Aldi this week
Eggs .89 dozen
Bag of 8 lemons $3

I tried to get there in time for the bugs on Fri. There were 3 people ahead of me waiting and a customer literally bought every single lobster they had while we stood waiting our turn. Sold out in less than 10 mins. I didn’t go back to see if more came in.

Wound up buying lobsters from RD in Neptune.

We continue to shop at NetCost on the regular. We find the staff and fellow customers very helpful and encouraging. The dairy section has a large selection of european butters, yogurts, creams of all sorts. The bakery and breads continue to be party staples. I bought five different cakes, you can order by the pound, and wow’d our recent dinner guests with a sampler tray.

The European chocolates and candies make great gifts.

Availabilty at reasonable prices!

Don’t forget you can get a rain check if they run out!

1 Like

Update: So I got out the meat grinder this afternoon…

& ground up these chuck tenders. I got a 20# bag which had 6 (?) pieces. They look like little filets. No clue… Anyway - ground them up & put them in 1# packages. Cooked one for dinner tonight as burgers. The meat was leaner than I expected - probably close to 90% so if I do this again I’ll grind a little extra fat along with it. Taste was good though - it was a tasty burger.

3 Likes

Excellent!! (Good looking dishwasher by the way)

Thanks. It’s installed & working but apparently there are some side mounting clips which are missing. I have to figure out something tricky to replace them & set it properly in place.

Aldi has Athena cantaloupes available at 1.49 each this week. They are some of the best melons I’ve had in years. I have and would gladly pay more for them, recommend .

2 Likes

Here are some tips for shopping at ALDI

1 Like

Delete