Best brunch in Monmouth County?

I just recently saw a picture taken there and my soon to be sophomore in college daughter is in a baby carrier. I guess I haven’t been there in a while too…

1 Like

Funny, we had my daughters Christening there too!

2 Likes

How much money did you blow? I’m guessing the price is up there.

Did you at least pound a few bloody mary?

It was for a baptism thing so I didn’t pay. I only had the 1 BM that comes with the price of entry as to not incur any additional costs for the hosts.

Ah, I remembered the name of the place I was trying to think of, the Mill in Spring Lake. That place is pretty good!

That place is pretty good. I’ve been to a few weddings there and it was a good time.

I actually was online this afternoon poking around. I see the beach tavern has a brunch. That’s Jr’s favorite spot!

Yeah they have (or had) prime rib for brunch so that instantly makes it worth the price of admission for me. Not the best PR but how can you say no to AYCE prime rib.

1 Like

Tonight, Chef Wirt from Tillie’s, in Short Hills, prepared for us an awesome complimentary dish of scrambled eggs, with duck confit, mushrooms, chives, and onions, in duck fat. This would make a perfect brunch item. Below is a picture of a split portion.

4 Likes

I, for one, could not say no.

And I would not stop at hello either.

Is it on the bone?

We enjoyed the AYCE brunch at Ollie Klein’s in Belmar. $30 pp and you can’t beat the atmosphere. Food was very good.

Not on the bone.

Fyi, the rum runner in sea bright now does Sunday brunch. Who wants to take one for the team?

Pass

2 Likes

Im not sure where I read it, but I recall some place around here has all you can drink bloody mary.

I’m good for 2 but that seems like a good hook to get people in.

Boulevard 572 in Kenilworth has a family style brunch for tables of 2 to 12 where you pick 4 items from ‘things to share’ and choose one entree per person with unlimited coffee, tea, Mimosas and Bloody Marys for only $35 per person. That sounds like a great deal. I haven’t tried it but saw it when I went to dinner there on Sunday.

I knew we had a brunch thread!

Has anyone been to brunch at Our House in Farmingdale? Apparently it is just 12.99 and includes peel n eat shrimp. I mean that’s worth it for the shrimp alone.

https://www.ourhouserestaurant.net/menus.html

Yelp reviews are pretty bad though… :smiley:

“Since 1747” WTF???

Half those pics (the exterior, bar and hideous wall paper) look like The Green Meadow in Colts Neck.
you are correct though $ 12.99 for AYCE shrimp is pretty sweet. I pay the $ 19.99 at the Eatontown Chinese Buffet just for the AYCE peel in eat shrimp.

Yeah, it’s a pretty great price. I mean If you can throw down 2 lbs it’s basically cheaper than supermarket price. I saw a prime rib in one of the pictures on Yelp, but I’m guessing that was for a holiday or something… you can’t be serving prime rib at 12.99… right?

Adding my post from the Fromagerie thread here…

Did Sunday brunch today at Salt Creek grille. I thought it was pretty good. They had really good prime rib and snow crab, plus first drink is free and mimosas are a dollar. Even if nothing else was on the menu that’s worth 35 bucks right there with the smoked salmon platter. As a matter of fact, that’s basically all I ate.

The only minus was that the shrimp cocktail were tiny and had a crappy texture. I didn’t try much else, but for those who enjoy eggs, they will make you eggs Benedict to order, which you don’t see often at brunch buffets. I had a way better time than any other Brunch buffet I’ve been to in the area other than perhaps the Mill in Spring Lake. But I don’t think they’re doing brunch any more.

1 Like