Beans, beans, beans....

I’d forgotten this chopped salad with chickpeas, feta, and avocado I made (a NYT recipe) was also a bean dish!

9 Likes

This Bableves includes tarragon, cumin, smoked paprika and wine vinegar.

I added cumin, dried tarragon, white wine vinegar and more sweet paprika to last night’s leftovers. https://www.bestofhungary.co.uk/blogs/recipes/bean-goulash-recipe

2 Likes

I made another batch of Nancy’s Ceci!

Milk Street has two versions of this dish that includes the chick peas, cucumber, curry powder, and chutney or pepper jelly.

Probably paywalled.

And the one I made, but with these roasted cherry tomatoes.

Is that like the one in your links @Saregama ?

At least one version included tomatoes, so I put some roasted cherry tomatoes in, but now I can’t find the recipe!

Here’s one, but the crisping is more than I want to deal with.

It’s very tasty, but I’m guessing the cucumbers will prevent it from being as good in a day or two.

This one might be better for that.

3 Likes

I have yet to find a way I do not love ceci. When I make minestrone (which is often), a bunch of them end up being just popped into the cook’s mouth. My standard ceci cold salad is ceci, cubed cucumber, diced tomato, minced red onion, white wine vinegar, dried oregano, and crumbled feta. There is a magic point about two hours after it is made that it is wonderful. Then things quickly get mushy, but I’ll still eat it. I need to try it substituting sun dried tomatoes, although I love the flavor of tomatoes diced whole, jelly, seeds, and all. The amount of flavor the jelly and seeds provide more than make up for the visual imperfection. Yes, it does make a difference which brand you buy. My favorite is Cento.

3 Likes

… There is a magic point about two hours after it is made that it is wonderful.

Ahhhh!

I love ceci too! Especially Nancy’s recipe from dried. When I make a batch I freeze some.

I brought some ceci from Italy this spring!

Favorite brand of what? I think Cento sells tomatoes.

NVM! Found them .
7079680001_2000x

I will keep an eye out!

1 Like

Cento sells a pretty wide range. I have yet to try one of their products I did not like. Their hoagie spread is wonderful but zippy. If you can find good rolls, you can make a real hoagie/sub/grinder at home. Hurrah! Since this thread is about beans, we have a local sub shop that makes vegetarian subs using hummus, quite good but nowhere near as good as capicola, mortadella, and salami.

3 Likes

I have a case and a half of canned garbanzo beans. Keeps me flush with hummus and great in salads

5 Likes

Do you make ‘Chick Nuts’?

This …

… again, but with yellow -eyed

He likes it; hey Mikey! :grin:

8 Likes

It has finally cooled a bit in Texas. I am hopeful that some day it will be truly cool. That makes me think of cassoulet. I am going to try confit chicken legs done with duck fat. I have heard that chicken done that way tastes very much of duck. Now to find the right sausage!

4 Likes

Hey, let’s keep it appropriate here…and anatomically correct while we’re at it. :wink:

1 Like

In reference to chick nuts?
Chick pea (like corn) nuts?

Last night, I ordered a Polish variant of Lecsó, with kidney beans and mushrooms added to the peppers, onions and tomatoes.

1 Like

Not sure? You mean roasted chickpeas? I’ve done that

Yes. Made some one time that nearly broke a tooth.

Have not tried this yet https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/corsican-bean-soup-greens-and-pork

3 Likes

This looks good! I might add the swiss chard a little later so it doesn’t totally disintegrate but otherwise looks easy and delicious

1 Like
2 Likes

A baked bean toastie (grilled cheese!)

4 Likes