BBQ Forum/Section

I’m sure it’s been asked and answered, but is there no BBQ forum/section?

Where would you put one?
Cooking, eating, or culture?

1 Like

Oh I feel most unqualified to say since I’ve only been here a couple weeks. I love bbq so I’ve been looking for a dedicated thread… or section; yet not found one.

In trying to answer your question; within Cooking Discussion maybe? There’s a section there on baking/sweets. So maybe bbq fits in? Cooking with fire is a bit of a distinct technique so perhaps it’s worthy of a dedicated section.(?) Again, I’m new and only a cooking hobbyist so merely asking respectfully.

I’d be content to bookmark an existing thread we use.

2 Likes

Under HO search box, I found plenty of bbq dining topics and home cooking shares in hundreds of cooking threads but not one thread dedicated solely to making bbq.

1 Like

After watching Cook’s Country one day I mentioned the snake method to my husband. He said no way.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes. Recreating Texas in New England was a sketchy idea.
:wink:

3 Likes

We have a dearth of HOers in traditional bbq outposts so there’s that. A few Texans, a KCer or two, and… the rest.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just found this under Site discussion. There is actually a category called Want a New Board. Maybe it will help you get started.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s not even a dearth - that’s, like, half a dearth, tops :slight_smile:

Signed
Guy from where half the time BBQ means fish, and is still confused :slight_smile:

1 Like

… and a basketball player’s wife opening a place in Houston with a celebrity chef was a horrible idea.

I never went but assumed it had table service which is considered downright bizarre down here. :skunk: :cowboy_hat_face:

Ayesha Curry’s International Smoke restaurant abruptly shuts down - ABC13 Houston

1 Like

decline

(no don’t pay attention to that I’m just joking. since you joined I’ve been waiting to use your name against you. lol I will actually bring your request to the “powers to be” and see what if any reaction / response I receive to the request. sorry for the joke!!!)

4 Likes

Lol! Thanks!

1 Like
“Food is a pretty good prism through which to view humanity.”

― Jonathan Gold