Baking topics organisation

Thanks, I moved the march baking posts over to the new thread. But leave the organizational talk here.

1 Like

I think the tags have to be created prior to using them. Perhaps @naf can chime in? (My go-to HO for help, although there are many others who can help…they’ve been iisted here in previous posts).

You can add tags after the thread is created. Modify the title, you will see the tag fields.

1 Like

Tags are my Waterloo, @naf . :rofl:

2 Likes

Glad you made it here to the Hungry Onion. I’m looking forward to seeing your creations!

1 Like

Where are all the bakers? This thread was altered to welcome in Chowhound members who asked for a monthly baking thread.

If they are anything like me, still eating the last thing they baked before baking again and using all their internet time to try to save all their recipes from chowhound before it’s all gone for good. XD

8 Likes

Ah, I see. When sallyt mentioned 200 baking posts, and that’s a lot of goodies to get through, I was under the impression posts were being moved over like the other threads being recreated on HO.

Until next month? :+1:

2 Likes

Can lead a horse to water, can’t make them drink. :slightly_smiling_face: Gotta let people explore what’s out there for themselves and see which new home fits them the best. Once things settle and CH closes, hopefully they’ll find their way to HO.

2 Likes

@Rooster
I think many are exploring how to technically use the site, may take some time to pick up too, as they are used to the CH format. Also, I think each coordinators has a different way to handle their topics. I guess some may want to wait for the next month.

Lol! I see you’re getting impatient to wait for things to happen! :laughing:

6 Likes

@Rooster @lindawhit HA! It was not my assumption that we’d repost everything! And many of those posts are Q&A about the particular baked good. I’m in a particularly busy time of work - I haven’t bake in over a week which is very atypical for me.

3 Likes

I’m confused why you moderated the thread so quickly.

Let’s see how things go. We are still in the transition period. It was a bit confusing that we have an annual thread and a monthly thread existing side by side.

3 Likes

@sallyt

Who is the coordinator of What are you baking at CH? If you want to move the March post like the COTM, you’re welcome. I think the easist way is to ask the original posters to repost again.

Just so I’m clear, this annual baking thread in terms of participation, which you began, fluctuated depending on the time of year. It was never set up to follow a baking theme or cookbook. It was open to everyone at any point. A different style of baking thread could be created on its own. One that follows a cookbook, theme, technique, etc.

No rush, just clarification while new ideas are floating.

1 Like

Welcome. Glad you found the quick links. There are hundreds of baking related threads in play to enjoy and contribute to. When I joined HO a few years back, I read hundreds of posts before writing a single word to get a better feel for the wisdom of this large, food loving community.

Well, I see what you mean now. What are you baking is a equivalent to What’s for dinner, anybody post what they bake, the change is from yearly to monthly.

Thank you, naf. You have taught me well. The change request references baking themes as well. The annual is free form.

Those should be other threads. I will move this discussion to Site Discussions.

1 Like

There was never a formal coordinator of those thread on Chowhound. One of the participants or another would start one at the beginning of each month.

4 Likes