Bakers gonna bake - sweets and desserts 2019

I have to say I miss a bit of cooking, especially seeing all your fruits pastries!!! Another 10 days and will be HOME!!!

1 Like

They look gorgeous! How did they taste?

Tasted amazing!! The hazelnut crust was very delicate and crispy. I did paint the inside of the pastry with a bit of white choc. Think that really made a dif.

2 Likes

Mine certainly didn’t look as pretty as that! :wink:

1 Like

Yesterday: mixed berry cobbler with a maple glaze. A “Southern-style” cobbler my wife adapted from an Epicurious recipe; taken to a small dinner party

Today: chocolate-chocolate chip bread pudding with strawberries and raspberries (we needed to use up old stale bread)

Shucks

Peach Melba. Haven’t had this for many many years and there’s a good reason it’s a historical classic. Amazing flavor combination. Not as pretty as it should have been but so delicious.

`

`
1 Like

Pic of the peach Melba.

3 Likes

Looking at 4 very ripe bananas…
Hey!!! two banana breads.
Actually tried on in a different pan, and one in my loaf pan…
Same recipe different pans

3 Likes

Anyone have a foccacia recipe they can recommend? I am looking to replicate one we had at local wonderful restaurant Cucina 24, which contained olives, cherry tomatoes, and plenty of olive oil and sea salt.

Sorry, no, but you might try King Arthur’s web site.

“Olive’s Table” is a cookbook from a Boston area restaurant of the same name. There is a focaccia recipe in there that is excellent & pretty foolproof. Cant find my copy right now or I’d post the recipe.

1 Like

What makes it Southern style?

Not quite sure, even after looking at what I think was the recipe she used. Maybe it’s how the fruit and batter were layered in the pan.

1 Like

We had a ton of pattypan squash innards leftover from stuffing squash over the weekend. So my hubby got the idea to make “zucchini” bread with it. We followed CI’s recipe sans lemon, adding vanilla. Great flavor!

3 Likes

@Rooster This recipe is for your icebox cake-loving sister

2 Likes

The lemon sandwich cake I believe everyone has eaten lemon sandwich cake, open a soft Confucian delicious put in the mouth, still have some lemon aroma feeling I believe everyone has experienced it in the cake shop

Peach and blackberry pie.

8 Likes

Beautiful construction!

2 Likes

Thanks! Always makes me happy when the results are good looks and good taste:). But even the sadly misshapen pies are worth the effort.

1 Like