Bahrs Landing (Highlands, NJ)

I love it, but sadly yes. Too much garlic, no.

I thought even the broiled fisherman’s platter came with fried clams at Bahr’s…

Glad you enjoyed!

1 Like

Unbelievably it (too much butter) happened again the very next morning. I ordered a garlic bagel toasted with butter and egg salad, open faced. I pulled enough butter off of that bagel to make 2 other bagels with butter. Great egg salad though.

2 Likes

In case someone in NJ hasn’t heard about Bahr’s being the backdrop during a Super Bowl commercial. The commercial was Soprano’s themed for GM/Chevy.

4 Likes

We were there for lunch today and there was a line to buy merch. Bud asked, “table for how many?” Folks said, “we’re in from California and just want some hats and tee shirts”. I got a lobster roll and a hat.

2 Likes

I yelled at the tv.

2 Likes

Me too! It was the one ad that really hit for me.

1 Like

I was out walking the dogs when that spot aired, but while walking down here in New Orleans, I heard someone in their backyard watching the commerical yell that she was from Jersey City and knew the place on the commercial.

4 Likes

So it was a top down playlist blasting kind of day so off to Bahrs using only as many back roads as Google maps allows from Freehold to Bahrs.
Place is fairly busy but not too busy crazy & we don’t have to sit near unruly children.
Pretty basic Tuna nachos are good not great but ingredients were fresh.
House Pinot Grigio because I am driving & fish & chips.
Totally what I was in the mood for.
Of course the house biscuits were great & a hot blueberry cobbler with decent vanilla ice cream & whipped cream are always a favorite the coffee was freshly brewed and was really good.
All in all not a gourmet meal just a lovely day topped by a very good back road trip home.
Sometimes on days like this I don’t miss living in NYC.

9 Likes

Was looking for some place open on a Monday afternoon and thought of Bahr’s. Good thing too as they have Happy Hour Mon-Fri 12-6 at the bar.
Zeroed in on the $1.25 each Oysters and Crab stuffed Shrimp from lunch menu.
May have to take the short drive here during lunch hour one day…
My buddy suggested these socks from the gift store (aware of my disdain for classic rock).

8 Likes

I had the same thought yesterday afternoon. After strolling at Sandy Hook, a long-time friend and I went to Bahr’s because of the beautiful atmosphere and knowing we could sit there all afternoon to catch up. Oh! And for the chowder! My friend went for the lobster roll, which came with homemade potato chips and a snappy pickle, and I ordered the mixed grill over salad. The day’s catch was salmon, mahi, and monkfish. The mixed grill was delicious–seasoned and cooked perfectly–a great value at $23. The lobster roll was loaded with huge chunks of lobster. A glass of chardonnay for each of us. Really solid service as usual. A very pleasant way to spend a Monday afternoon!

I wasn’t aware of the happy hour. That explains the solid patronage in the bar upon our arrival. It’s an inviting bar. I’d love to spend an afternoon there someday…

4 Likes

This is good to know. Do you know if this all the time/summer or just the off-season? We often look for get-away lunches.

2 Likes

Not sure if seasonal but did see mention only available at front bar. Servers said a few more weeks for other bar to open so maybe a way to fill that bar on the street side?

2 Likes

Thanks for the intel