Bad news in the age of Covid-19

So far I’ve only noticed lids for mason jars.

1 Like

Ooh, Met Market is usually fabulous, I hope it opens soon!

1 Like

Yes, I’m sooo excited!

1 Like

Cat food is becoming a real problem. Toilet paper and facial tissue. Chicken and pork. Spotty issues in produce.

How do I fatten up the cat as a food reserve if I can’t feed the cat? grin

Oh no, not again! I’ve got some in reserve luckily, but will need flats soon.

1 Like

Able to get cat food, but not always in the flavors that the owner and supreme ruler of our house prefers.

3 Likes

I found this article disturbing and enlightening at the same time. Makes me wonder about the latest positive Covid statistics in the past week. Hopefully it’s just an isolated ‘incident’ on the part of the testing labs in this area. and not the rest of the country. Definitely food for thought though.

It wasn’t immediately clear how those numbers were affected by a reporting change NET Health noted on its website: “On Thursday … our Disease Surveillance Division was informed that several testing laboratories have updated their reporting processes and have listed COVID cases that were sampled, tested, and confirmed within the months of January 2021 through April 2021. Local health departments have to recognize the past COVID-positive cases as ‘New’ cases because they are being newly reported to us.”

1 Like

I always have this issue with certain flavors of the wet food my cats will eat. And of course my guys have to be super lucky and only way like 1 or 2 flavors. Thankfully they will snarf down any dry food like there is no tomorrow, but I try to limit that so they will get more water and liquids. Guess it’s time to build a little stock pile for the kings of the roost.

2 Likes

Oops meant to write, they are super PICKY, not lucky. My two cats are sitting there judging me right now.

1 Like

Emma is very picky also. She reserves the right to turn her nose up at what she loved just days before. My SIL has a similarly picky cat and food moves back and forth with every visit. My wife and SIL both keep track. I just feed the cat. She eats it or not. If she’s hungry enough she’ll eat it. I feel the same way about children. “This is dinner. Up to you.” Emma will always eat her dry food and Greenie treats and is pretty good with water.

2 Likes

More info on cat food.

It appears that it isn’t the cat food. It’s the cat food cans.

The neighboring country of Louisiana, next to my native country of Texas is about to get slapped silly by Hurricane Ida which could be a Cat 4 or more at landfall.
Best of luck to those folks.

On a lighter note, who decided to give Barney Fife a Thompson sub machine gun and Gomer a double barrel shotgun? Even Andy was packing. I just saw it with my own eyes.

What does your second paragraph mean?

I don’t know if you ever saw the Andy Griffith Show from the 60’s but Barney had an empty gun with a lone bullet and when he loaded it usually went off striking the ground so the thought of Barney with a Tommy gun is scary.

As for Hurricane Ida it is looking dire. I’m sure the people of Houston here will be ready to help.

I’m watching the Weather Channel and genius people are strolling Bourbon Street at 10PM Friday.

Ah, okay. Yes, I’m familiar. My sister lives in NOLA and is decamping to Montgomery in the morning. Hope everyone stays safe.

Well, this is always the case, no?

1 Like

The vet I used to work for always told dog and cat owners to make sure to feed a variety of flavors of both wet and dry pet foods. He pointed out that flavors get discontinued or reformulated all the time. If a pet becomes picky about its food, and it changes, problems can range from gastrointestinal upsets to inappetance.

1 Like

I don’t know where these fools are going to stay. Yes you have your hotel room but what’s it going to be like with no windows or power.

The hotels most likely have generators. Fingers crossed that it doesn’t get too bad. I’m no stranger to hurricanes - I grew up in NJ, and more recently I’ve dealt with Sandy and Irene. But it doesn’t flood (much) where I am in Manhattan, and not at all in where I am upstate New York. Which is not to say that power is not lost and bridges do not submerge.

I know that but who wants to stay in what essentially will be a war zone with a lack of resources. I hope they learned a lot of lessons from Katrina.

Sandy was no fun. Our son was looking out the window in his room and saw the transformer explode. He came running to tell us all the lights had gone out in the city. Scary. We were in upstate NY when Irene hit and had a heck of a time getting back to the city with all the flooding. We have a place on the water on Long Island sound. Came out to the house Saturday night before henri was supposed to hit to put away all the outdoor stuff. Fortunately all we got was a lot of rain.

I went to New Orleans right after Katrina for work. Was really striking the damage I saw. I recall seeing the dirty water bath tub ring around the superdome. I was having a hard time trying to get in my head how high the water had gotten to.

I’m originally from Florida so hurricanes were part of growing up.

2 Likes