[Austin] Trip recommendations

I had a lady, and she was phenomenal. I didn’t realize they were charging for everything. (Like sour cream, cheese, jalapeños, etc, $1.00 per small bowl, I don’t remember ordering some of the stuff)

Wow, I’m 2 hours and 37 minutes away from Texas Chili Parlor, I can make it for dinner! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: That looks like a chili sampler.

1 Like

I have a menu from the TCP from 1979. I’ll try to scan and post it later. We can compare prices. :laughing:

1 Like

Do you think the bats will come out tonight? If they didn’t yesterday, wondering if worth the trip to congress street

From Here

• In a typical year, mid-May through June would be the least likely times to view emergences, in part because pregnant bats tend to emerge later and because spring rains ensure plentiful food.
1 Like

Houston? Stopping at Weikel’s for breakfast and Hruska’s or Peter’s always made that drive fun when my business had an office in Houston I had to visit regularly.

2 Likes

That would be awesome!

It was the chili sampler!
You should have come out, in Texas that’s only a hop away!

2 Likes

I didn’t get a chance to get out to Houston. Next time for sure.

(post deleted by author)

Thurs. 5.19:

Austin Kolache and Koffee (Czech)

Round Rock Donuts

Georgetown Square

• Kilwin’s (my friend had ice cream)

• Baked Bear (my friend had an ice cream sandwhich)

HTea0

Dos Salsas (Mexican)

North Austin Muslim Community Center

Black’s Barbecue (I ate the sides)

Tabarek (Iraqi) -excellent

5 Likes

5/20

Flight back and round rock donuts

4 Likes
  1. Baked bear. (I did not eat it, but for completeness sake including a picture)
  2. Dos salsas
  3. HTeaO (stated didn’t use any stabilizers, and only non natural things were anything with lemonade in it, otherwise all fruit teas use real fruit to infuse the flavored tea!)

2 Likes

4 Likes

(post deleted by author)

3 Likes

Kilwin’s ice cream with stabilizers and gums (again, I didn’t eat it) peach and strawberry

2 Likes

1 Like

Sorry for all the separate posts, it wasn’t loading properly and I was having phone issues yesterday to post.

We tried to go to La BBQ but didn’t realize it was closed. It’s open between 11-6. So that’s why we hit up Blacks, I enjoyed the Cole slaw, they also have homemade ice cream and use a stabilizer (but not exactly 100%sure).

The Iraqi food was wonderful! I brought it home and my partner who is more critical of food than I thoroughly enjoyed the Austin treat.

I didn’t get any cake from
Carrot Cake at Georgetown, TX but it did look good, so posted that as well.

We got queso chili and queso white from dos salsas.

I pleasantly enjoyed hteao, and had an extensive conversation with Ryan the manager (who was also an actor). I had a mixture of sweet regular tea (1/8), decaf unsweetened tea (1/2), and unsweetened green tea (3/8). I tried almost every flavor. I thoroughly enjoyed myself there.

My Medici in the Domain had the best two baristas and I thoroughly enjoyed my English breakfast latte with 4 minute steep (usually, also fluctuated with 3 mins-the standard steep they do and 3:30), with half water and whole steamed milk.

Hmm my best places were probably Uzbek place, Iraqi place, texas chili parlor-not sure which order. I also enjoyed my raspberry cheese danish from Lorraine’s and my tea was on point every day.

Eat a lot of good things and watched some amazing sunsets. Thanks for all the help all!

Oh and saw the lunar eclipse!! Who has time to do that kind of stuff regularly? Need to make the time! Went to the Alamo too!

6 Likes

The bill came out to $49 without tip

1 Like