Asbury Park Restaurant Tour - May 1st

http://www.asburyparkchamber.com/restaurant_tour.asp#info

I already bought two tickets as these things tend to sell out. Anyone else up for a HO meet up there?

Iā€™ve got my ticketā€¦

Have 2 friends coming with meā€¦anyone else?

I spoke with Joon and he said he was interested.

@joonjoon please check inā€¦! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m in! Might also be bringing some friends :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wife & I tix purchased. We might be arriving late, but if there is a meet-up pls post it!!

Anyone who has purchased a ā€˜ticketā€™ has to pick up a wristband at 600 Cookman Ave on Sunday in order to gain access to the tour and shuttleā€¦a few of us HOs are planning to meet there 11:30-11:45, so if youā€™re coming, let us know! :slight_smile:

Not sure weā€™ll be there early enough for meet up. Someone wear a ā€œHOā€ shirt so we can identify you around town!!

I ainā€™tā€™ got no HO shirt, but Iā€™ll be wearing (or hopefully carrying) a polka-dot raincoat and turquoise umbrella. Even in the rain, the Curlz are a giveaway tooā€¦

I have a ripped t-shirt that barely covers my belly. Does that count as a HO shirt?

Seriously though, I will be wearing my black pokerstars rain jacket with matching hoodie.

Update: since itā€™s going to be COLD and rainy, I may be wearing a different coat, but Iā€™ll still have my turquoise umbrellaā€“and (frizzy, Iā€™m sure) curls!

Some HOs are just tougher than others. Seal/Mrs Seal, great seeing you guys! For those of you (AHEM) who bailed because youā€™re too delicate to deal with some rain, well, you missed a fun day!

@NotJrvedivici I think youā€™re the guy who has posted about Jimmy Macā€™s and now Iā€™ve finally set foot in the placeā€¦never would have known about the free bar pies and omelettes (Sun only) if not for you! Methinks we need a HOdown there for some serious dive bar drinkingā€¦

Curlz

Wife and I attended (a little late). Was on the lookout for that turquoise umbrella. My favorite bite of the day was the salmon ceviche at Fish (although it could have used some heat). Most generous taste was the full ice cream cone at Days. Also thought the gelato at Lolaā€™s was top notch. The $4 wine pours at Taka were nice, as were the $3 mimosas at Jimmy Macā€™s. We were too full to hit up all of the spots. Sorry to have missed the other HOs.

Hahahahahhahaā€¦Iā€™m so glad you got to appreciate it. Honestlyā€¦I have not been to a bar that was as self promoting as they are. Whatever it takes to get you in there drinking they will doā€¦Iā€™m sure it was packed given the event going on, on a normal Sunday they can pack them it, but itā€™s sooooooo worth it. As long as you have the rest of the day to blow off because you are going to leave pretty hammered. lol

(Did you find the free all you can eat candy stash???)

Sorry I missed out on this! I had a relative visit from Korea and was required to attend a family reunion.

Always down for some free omelettes! Cheese and extra bacon baby.

No! Do tellā€¦ The place is a riot. I was telling friends at work about it and described the decor as looking like someone puked up every sign and quote on the planet. :slight_smile:

Okay, youā€™re absolvedā€¦foreign visitors trump walking in the cold/rain/wind with HOs!

1 Like

There is a pot belly stove by the stairs leading from the main bar to the elevated seating area towards the back of the room. (Not the elevated area above the skeeball) Open the front of the pot belly stove and itā€™s like Halloween!!! They keep the thing stuffed with candyā€¦take as many handfulā€™s as you want!!

Iā€™m hard pressed to go to Porta and pay $12.00 for a bar pie, when I can sit here and get a $4. or $5. drink and free pie. Did you see the pie maker? Not being sarcastic but the pies are actually made from fresh dough, I fully expected a frozen Ellioā€™s style or Delgiorno pizzaā€¦but no there is fresh dough hand tossed rolled and placed in the oven. For a ā€œhang-outā€ bar this is by far my favorite place, and trust me if there is one thing you should know about me by now, Iā€™m not a ā€œHey letā€™s go to the place with the throw up decorā€ kind of guy. lol