Are the plastic bowl and blade of a food processor dishwasher safe?

I have a Cuisinart food processor, that I love to use! (Sorry NotJR!) My husband is just finishing up our kitchen remodel. The only reason he did it was because the 68 year old dishwasher is finally wearing out! So, I now have a new Bosch dishwasher, and I want to know if it’s safe to put the plastic bowl and cutting blade into the dishwasher to clean them.

As much as I love using the food processor, I hate cleaning it!

I have a Breville and they say not to put it in the dishwasher. Hence, it falls under the category I have it, I love it but rarely use it. I had a Cuisinart before that and did put it in the dishwasher ( I can’t remember if the manual said it was ok) and I think it broke the little gizmo (technical term) that allows it to connect with the other gizmo to allow the thing to actually work. .

I too have a Breville (12-cup) that I love and use all of the time. They manual says not to dishwasher the lid and bowl too often but the attachments are d/w safe. We also have a Bosch d/w and that gets hot! The FP saves me so much time that I don’t mind washing the lid and bowl by hand.

I put my cuisinart in the dishwasher. We used to only put the plastic parts in and hand wash the blade, but lately we’ve just been throwing it all in. If it dulls the blade, we haven’t noticed yet, and if it means we actually use the thing, well I’m sure another blade can be bought. And that shredding disk always goes in the dishwasher- otherwise I’d probably start buying pre-shredded cheese, and the cost savings on that has got to add up to a new disk over several years.

1 Like

According to the Cuisinart website (I spot checked 3 different models) “all removable parts are dishwasher safe”.

1 Like

Hey, thanks all. In the long term, buying another bowl or blade isn’t a bad thing. And the fact that I will use it more often knowing that I can just toss it in the dishwasher is wonderful!

Cuisinart says yes. And to keep sharp things from bouncing around, I’m putting the “stem” and the processing blade (not the slicing blades) in one of those little lidded plastic baskets made for dishwashing small things, e.g. pacifiers and baby bottle rings and nipples.

2 Likes

Ours goes in the dw top drawer only and the blade gets cleanse in a salt and vinegar soak in a bowl on the counter cause we don’t put any blades in the dw.

This is what I do, too. Welcome!

Good to have you with us, PJ! We love to hear input from food obsessed folks!