Aperol Frites and Pomme Spritz

I guess what holds true is that if you are offended by something it does not mean that you are right. Anyways, the house cask cured boulevardier and the frites at 2nd Jetty will make you happy Mr. Rag Top.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, definitely will check it out.
Also happy thread is open for discussion again.

2 Likes

Love the modified thread title!!!

5 Likes

The Spritz and Frites would be a great name for an upscale bar.

6 Likes

Concessions made so let the community thrive & information flow undeterred

2 Likes

Look what I found for use in my second home city
https://messaging-custom-newsletters.nytimes.com/template/oakv2?campaign_id=252&emc=edit_wte_20230907&instance_id=102164&nl=where-to-eat%3A-new-york-city&productCode=WTE&regi_id=111287628&segment_id=144006&te=1&uri=nyt%3A%2F%2Fnewsletter%2F05dfd251-e1b4-5c23-b4db-688a77d5f202&user_id=eea151f7624cf8b213ec2e96fda8ef33

2 Likes

In honor of you @Ragtopssk, not a Spritz and Frites but a Martini and [Truffle] Frites. Just as good, I’m sure.

5 Likes

Thank you Sir that’s a very much appreciated gesture, hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed your post

3 Likes

And a hell of a bar band.

In all seriousness, while I am more negroni and less spritz, I believe the bartender pouring your spritz is the most important part of the equation. My wife has had some that are sickly sweet or overly bitter. At the same establishment.

Good luck in your quest, and sample many!

3 Likes

RBar in AP has a great Aperol cocktail that iirc isn’t a spritz, but I loved it! Def bitter. As in, the bartender made sure I liked Aperol when I ordered it (I do). And now I can’t remember how their fries are, but the food in general is very good, so…

2 Likes

The fries at the Grand Tavern are good. They used to be steak fries and the last time they were smaller but not shoestring.
Only come with the burger though

2 Likes

My GF likes a shot of orange juice in her AP , me I am more traditional kind of guy .My next question is how many of us have a list of names stashed away we would use if we would ever open a bar or start a band?

Ever try Campari & soda with lemon twist ?I would think most anything there would be good , thanks

2 Likes

Spritzed around the world

That is a great drink, but I like it with an orange wheel.

4 Likes

I’m partial to keeping it bitter
GF likes it with a splash of orange juice

This post made me realize the cocktail at RBar was Campari-heavy, not Aperol! Still loved it, though…

1 Like

We had fantastic fries last night at reylas. The fries were a comp when the chef noticed our kid with us. Wow! Soft and fluffy inside, crispy and not greasy! I don’t know if they have a spritzer but I’m sure they would make it for you.

Entire meal was incredible. Best we have ever had there.

3 Likes

Had some spectacular fries at Suraya in Philly yesterday. Huge cuts, well done on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and covered with Zaatar! Come to think of it, they would pair beautifully with the lemonanna spritz I had on the Zahav patio later in the day…

4 Likes

Looking like an October trip to AP, it’s been awhile thanks for the info.

2 Likes