Another tomato tart recipe

This is in today’s San Francisco Chronicle. It’s from local bakery Craftsman and Wolves. Thought people might enjoy it since there’s been a lot of tomato tart discussion lately. I probably won’t be making it, but if someone does, I’d be curious to know how it turned out.

William Werner’s Tomato Tart

3 Likes

Shoot! I’ve reached my limit of SF Chronic!e articles! Sounds good though.

An older article

If you google “William Werner’s Tomato Tart”, you will find it. Good luck!

1 Like

Every version I’ve found so far leads to the Chronicle.
We love Craftsmen and Wolves.

But I found this in my journey!

Saveur Estela tomato toast recipe

Found it!
william werners tomato tart

And here’s tomato lemon tart on Epicurious

1 Like

I made this last year and was quite happy with it. I also made a variation with fresh corn kernels added - I loved that addition!

Interesting! And no mayo!

Not a tomato tart but close. This is based on Vivian Howard’s tomato pie, which I love, but I was looking for a no crust version for the carb vigilant or carb aware.

It says

“…as the pie doesn’t really include anything to hold it together, servings came out by the spoonful rather than by the wedge.” and “serving came with a messy (though tasty) pool of tomato juices on the dinner plate”.

While that can be good, tonight I am adding crustless quiche ideas ( essentially 4 eggs and a cup of dairy) so it holds together like a custard. I’d love a strata but want to see how much I can enjoy without the bread.

1 Like

Ta da!

Juicer than I’d like straight out of the oven, but quite tasty. Maybe it will tighten up.

6 Likes

oHH My Gosh, its delicious.

1 Like