Another new santoku hits the streets

The new owner picked out beautiful Ipe for the handle and requested a stunning custom coral colored mosaic pin fill. :heart_eyes:
The mysterious “MM&M” monogram on the back will have people pondering its meaning for decades to come! :smile:

4 Likes

It’s no mystery at all - this knife is going to France, for the personal use of Monsieur M&M, local spokescandy for his brand. “Zey melt in your mouse - not in your and!” The special pin decoration signals new colours on the way. :slight_smile:

I had to look up what an ipe tree was, and what the wood is like. The handle is beautiful, but when you get the chance, give your saws and drills a hug from me. :worried: :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL, I’ll send them your condolences. :cry: :smile:
I’m sure your monogram theory is the first of many that will be postulated… :upside_down_face:

Some knife maker makes this. How is it done?

1 Like

Short version with details missing or wrong: it’s embedded in melted plastic; when the plastic hardens into a block, they cut a knife handle shape from that.

1 Like

“Theory”? Hmph. :grin:

Moose, Muskrat, and Marmot: it’s a very difficult to use skinning knife. :sunglasses:

1 Like

My guess would be epoxy rather than melted plastic, but yeah, something like that. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Let’s just revise my disclaimer so it says “major facts also incorrect” :zipper_mouth_face:

Epoxy. Yeah. That’s it. :slight_smile:

1 Like