Anjelica's - Sea Bright

@seal

Did you make it over to Angelica’s?

Did. And the pork chop was very good tyvm @corvette_johnny.

But, there was so much wrong there Sunday night that I didn’t even want to post. They didn’t even make the Sunday Sauce. They ran out of lobster, even for the pasta dish with it, and also no veal chops. An order of shrimp parm wasn’t made - they said they made a diff shrimp dish instead and this was after we waited long past the 45 mins before that I ordered my pork chop. Had to ask for more olive oil for the bread three times and a few times sat with empty water glasses waiting for somebody to refill those. But the chop tasted good and I did sub out the rabe as I only like that bitter green on one thing - a pork italian sandwich,

1 Like

Bumping this up…

Has anyone been to Angelicas lately?

Also, does anyone know what is going on with the old Donovans location? Construction is well on its way, but the building looks really low as I drive by. I thought they have to jack it up 12ft now?

Also, any reports on other spots like the black swine, even tide or rum runner? Maybe I should start a sea bright thread :slight_smile:

Rum Runner sucks. Hope that helps! Lol

Darn. I used to like the old rum runner. Anything good happening in sea bright?

It’s still Donovans and they are opening for the summer as per their fb page. No clue about the jacking up…

Cool pic tom. I could be me but it appears to be low. I was just curious. Id like to see them get back to the old Sundays when they hosted a good day.

On a side note, now that the mad hatter is leveled, does anyone know what might be coming?

Mad Hatter is rebuilding and expanding after a long messy fight with the town and neighbors

How did it take the hatter many years to hash this out and woodys was opened back up in like two weeks after the storm? It doesn’t make sense but then again, I suppose if you grease the wheels… :confused:

Feel free to pm me .

They faced some problems with insurance money but the planned expansion met alot of resistance. Finally got approved recently. Needless to say its going to look alot different than the old Hatter!

1 Like

Had a nice dinner last night. I got two specials, a half order of the Malfati w Lemon to start and a 24 oz ribeye afterwards. Not pictured is the lemon tart for dessert.

Nice and not too tart lemony sauce.

Cooked a nice medium rare and well seasoned.

8 Likes

Nice Dave. That steak is looking good!

1 Like

That looks very good. I would have a hard time not getting the Veal Chop there. The rib eye does look cooked perfectly, I’m assuming it was an off the bone cut. The fries, what is that parmesan sprinkled on them?

1 Like

The fries were coated with a mixture of parmesan, garlic, butter, and herbs. Still crispy too!

3 Likes

Wow this place has exploded. I know they are putting out great food but the pork chop is now up to 48 dollars (my favorite dish there.) I guess if they can get the money, they might as well do it.

That Malfati is a very well done dish. They have been running that a lot as a special.

1 Like

Back to my father’s favorite restaurant. Table for 10 in the back. Everyone enjoyed as always.
I had clams oreganata to start:

And then a monster veal chop special:

If it wasn’t for the usual summer Sea Bright traffic it would have been a perfect evening.

10 Likes

Fun fact. Anjelica’s and The Ocean House share enough common space that you can order a cocktail from The Ocean House while dining at Anjelica’s. This is a fantastic example of cooperation at every level in order to help businesses to get through these “trying times”.

12 Likes

Filet of sole francaise…(not on menu, ordered off the menu like a big shot).

11 Likes

man that looks good!

1 Like