Almost Home, Lincroft

Just had a phenomenal lunch at the former Sunnyside Market in Lincroft.

The new spot is called Almost Home General. Seriously this place is genuinely stepping the game up in the breakfast/lunch category.

For starters, it’s a beautiful establishment. Looks like everything was ripped to the studs and redone—the effort shows.

Equally matched is the food. I honestly wasn’t expecting this level. Everything is locally sourced when possible and made in-house, including the bread for the sandwiches.

My wife, mother-in-law, and I got the meatloaf sandwich, hot biscuit sandwich, fried chicken sandwich, and a side of cheddar grits.

The star of the show was the fried chicken sandwich. Buttermilk chicken thigh, homemade ranch, and hot honey with a side of polenta fries. It’s massive and easily sharable. The hot biscuit’s sausage was freshly ground made in-house, probably the best sausage pattie I ever had. The meatloaf had a great taste; I just wish there was more meat. And the cheddar grits were gone before I could take a picture.

Once again, nothing in the area comes close. The owner is a Rumson native, so I always like supporting a local, especially when it’s this good. It’s safe to say I will be back.

14 Likes

This post is gonna compel me take the 30 min ride and check it out. Thx!

Agreed. This looks amazing

They are only open till 4pm now but the owner said he wants to special dinner nights kinda like how they do it at Big Mike’s Little Red Store which I also love.

1 Like

Nice contribution and report! Is this the place that use to be a deli and convenience store at the blinking light?

2 Likes

Yes used to be Sunnyside deli. Was always my pre round stop back when Bamm Hollow was still there. He got a nice write up in Two River Times as well

2 Likes

Despite having owned a sandwich shop I’m not usually a fan of sandwiches but those look great. Will definitely be making a trip up there. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Those polenta fries look worth the trip alone. Love those and they look real tasty.

4 Likes

I guess Red Bank not the only place with a parking issue!

1 Like

Google maps seems to indicate only five spaces in the lot, and after the staff parks, there’s not much left for customers. It’s the same problem Evan’s/Attillio’s in Matawan has, but there one can park in the lot across the street. There is no good solution.

I beg to differ. Make a deal with the Acme to use half their expansive lot for valet parking.

1 Like

Acme is three miles away. No one is going to go to a sandwich shop where they have to pay for valet parking that will take at least fifteen minutes away. (And doesn’t valet parking assume that when they drive your car to the parking, they can walk back to the restaurant?)

1 Like

How does the town think this will solve their parking problem? I don’t know the place, but people will still have to pull up AND PARK even if it’s to run up and get something to go.

Man this is such a shame. A friend just recommended it saying the parking is tight but it was awesome. I haven’t been yet but good to know it’s takeout only for now.

1 Like

The food was phenomenal, but sadly I haven’t been back since my first visit. The reason being was that the parking was insane. With so few spots, the business level they were doing was out of whack—people were parking like a quarter of a mile down the road. I can understand why the residential neighbors weren’t too pleased. Hopefully, they can find a solution with the empty field across the street. That would seem to make the most sense because the food was top-notch.

1 Like

I heard on our local town FB page that Almost Home has reopened for dining! I’m not sure what they did about the parking situation but people are raving about it. Looks delicious!

1 Like

It looks like Almost Home General will be opening an outpost in Sea Bright in the former AB & Co. spot in between Yolks on You and Sonny’s. Expect it will just be coffee, pastries, etc. Any intel?

The benchmark chicken sandwich by which all chicken sandwich showdowns should be measured resides here.

9 Likes

That looks incredible!!

2 Likes

Looks awesome

Also,
Go Cats!!

2 Likes