Air fryer as gift: keep or not?

So we just received an air fryer as a gift from a lovely family friend. This person means to delight us with an unexpected kindness, but does not know that I am a minimalist when it comes to cookware. Do any of you have an air fryer and find that it earns its keep in your kitchen? I expect that the air fryer is probably not a fit for my traditionalist cooking tendencies–and I generally don’t fry food, either–though would I be missing out by not giving it a spin?

It’s basically a little convection oven with a perforated tray. It works really well on anything you want crisped up, especially things like leftover fries. Son kept it on the coffee table to make Pizza Rolls while gaming. You can bake in it as well, but we haven’t done that yet. If you have a convection oven and a deep fryer you use often, you probably don’t need it.

2 Likes

Aha, thank you for enlightening me! We have a convection oven and I don’t deep fry, so that’s my answer. You’ve confirmed my hunch that the air fryer is not a match for us.

1 Like