A challenge

What are the plants/flowers/fruits/leaves you can identify in this photo? :grinning:

3 Likes

Lupins lower left? With Bindweed (or Morning Glory?) next along?

1 Like

Curry leaves springing up in the top right half of pic?

1 Like

No correct answer yet :slight_smile: Letā€™s try again. You might want to see the photo in full size.

Knowing where LMS is from, and presuming that itā€™s a photo of plants local to him, then this is very tricky, even though Iā€™m a keen gardener. So tricky that I havent a clue. My guess, seeing as heā€™s posting here, is that thereā€™s something edible there. A spice maybe? But what?

3 Likes

I see a fern at least?

1 Like

Yes there are more than one edible things-plants that bear edible parts. But thereā€™s no fern in the photo.
Iā€™ll wait another hour and if no more answers Iā€™ll reveal them.

The large leafed plant at the bottom of the photo. Is that pepper?

1 Like

When you look at the full size photo, you realise that this is not an entirely natural view. I see plant pots, wires and plants tied to sticks, etc.

1 Like

Yeah actually itā€™s a little ā€œjungleā€. Itā€™s that place where you throw in everything you donā€™t want to lose but donā€™t want to take effort to plant properly. :sweat_smile:
Iā€™ll mark the things in the photo and post it. Need some time.

1 Like

I see Waldo lurking in the brambles back thereā€¦

2 Likes

I think I see tamarind leaves

Some kind of palm in the top left - too short for coconut, maybe banana?

2 Likes

Here we go

Top left red rectangle: coconut leaves
Top mid yellow circle: katuru murunga - edible (Sesbania grandiflora)
Left mid yellow circle: flame of the woods (Ixora coccinea)
Bottom red circle: winged bean leaves
Middle green arrow: cassava leaves
Bottom 3 orange arrows: chilli peppers
Bottom right purple arrows: cassava plants
Right mid yellow arrow: a winged bean - vegetable
Middle maroon arrow: Sesbania grandiflora flower - edible

10 Likes

Hereā€™s a winner! Itā€™s coconut leaves.

1 Like

I was at an exhibit at the Brooklyn Botanic garden last month with many of the same plants!

3 Likes

Well, there are a few palm leaves, but your climate is so different than mine Iā€™ll probably guess something that it looks like but isnā€™t. Maybe a dracaena lower left, and poison ivy center bottom? The orange flower cluster on the left looks like lantana.

You may now laugh.

1 Like

I figured Iā€™d be wrong. I didnā€™t even notice the chiles at the bottom, and I should have.
Thanks for the puzzle, though!

1 Like

Iā€™ll post a new one soon :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Have you got a new plant mystery photo yet?

1 Like

I will. Sorry for the delay. I dropped my phone and the screen shattered into seventeen million bits. Iā€™ll post a new picture very soon :smiley:

3 Likes