$ .74 (yes 74 cents) tipper from Colts Neck Inn going viral....................New Jersey

Oh yes, I forgot about them. I was really thinking more traditional sit down restaurant situation but good nomination!

Colts Neck General Store is a huge +1 !!! Great breakfast/lunch place, I actually had a business lunch there a couple weeks ago! (We originally agreed on Huddy’s, which also sucks, but they aren’t open for lunch)

My wife and I were discussing the same last night which adds to the anticipated opening of Esposito’s from your area! They are opening up the road on 34 and with a liquor license I believe!!!)

2 Likes

The brew house is the only sit down we bother with in Colts Neck.
Fox Hollow Winery (on the way in Holmdel) now serves homemade pizza. Indoor/outdoor seating. Few other munchie items.

Friends from CN, never eat in town…just shop at Delicious Orchards.

We had the WORST LUNCH at Huddy’s a few weeks ago. I’ll check out the general store!

We actually moved but will travel back to Aberdeen to try the new Esposito’s concept. (Holmdel now so not like crossing an ocean!)

@Rooster We went to the brewery once. I didn’t realize they even had food. We went to the winery once too when my kid was like a year ago? They have animals and a little farm so we assumed family friendly. Signs all over the place NO CHILDREN. NO MINORS. We left. Good to know on the pizza.

20% it takes exceptionally bad service, scratch that, bad attitude, for me to tip less. I’ll tip an idiot 20% if I believe they are working to the best of their ability. I’ve been a server and had bad nights, not feeling well or had a bad table that can rattle a cage. I’m very understanding but if the service is intentionally bad or your just don’t seem to care, then I might reduce your tip.

4 Likes

Brewery is snacks only, a decent variety but not a meal.
Winery is not kid friendly during performances although they love dogs! But for pizza I see no reason children wouldn’t be welcome during the day.
CN is a resto desert thanks to Delicious Orchards.

1 Like

I also tip normally for crappy food. The server didn’t cook it!

1 Like

Thanks for all the tips! We didn’t inquire at the winery that day. It was mobbed (pre covid days) and the signs seemed like it didn’t seem worth bothering to ask.

I did see a sign for a new place going in where a Thai place was once. Across the street or so from Delicious Orchards. I think it’s Italian? Wood fire pizza? Something along those lines.

Can’t say I noticed it. But I’ll look for it next week!

Hello???

(Second paragraph)

1 Like

That turkey dinner looks disgusting. My husband was just asking about this place…

I’m late to the thread and don’t have much of an opinion on the tip or publicly shaming him.

I reward good service and won’t hesitate to call it out when it’s bad. And I am the sole arbiter of what those are. :blush:

Good service gets about 50%.
Extraordinary service yields 100% or more.

Poor and indifferent service gets 10 to 15%.

Bad service usually rears it’s head early so I’ll ask management to switch servers. Sometimes offering $20 to go to the original server to make it happen and depending on the circumstances at times I don’t.

At unfamiliar restaurants I’ll might start the tipping when the server first introduces themself.

Putting this here since it veered off into discussions about CN in general. Anyone of our matawan/OB crew know anything’ about this apt? Opening on both colts neck and red bank shortly. Never heard of it before

https://www.viasposito.com/home