4 things you are peeling wrong..............

Wow. I can’t imagine someone said to themselves “I’m so tired of peeling potatoes. I know! I bet a toilet brush on the end of a drill would work”.

4 Likes

I just hope this didn’t cross his mind after his attempts at expediting “wiping” failed. OUCH!!! :scream:

I like the garlic idea, but wish they would have shown a secret way to peel shrimp. I don’t think there is an easy way to peel and devein shrimp.

1 Like

This little beast has lived in my kitchen for years. One of the rare unitaskers I own.

1 Like

You run it up the spine and it cuts the shell and devians at the same time?

If I had a dollar for every shrimp I’ve peeled in my life I would be a very wealthy man! (That goes for potato’s too)

Bought it. Had to watch a video to fully get how it works, So simple. Thank you!

1 Like

Doesnt cut the shell…it kinda rolls it out of the shell.

I find the peel my favorite part of a baked potato

1 Like

Is this the exact model you own? Thanks for sharing. I always slice through the shell with a paring knife to devein shrimp and it takes a lot of concentration for me.

Just realized this will peel and devein, not peel and/or devein. Still very useful to me.

Yep. Dont know the brand,.but that simple little piece of red plastic is the best solution I have found. I actually have two…a big one and a little one,for big and little shrimp.

Came across this gadget this morning:

I love potato peels, but for mashed potatoes I boil them skins on and quartered, toss the pieces in the ricer, rice them, and fish the skins out with a fork or the tip of a knife.

2 Likes

We have the same. For us that shrimp peeler is a very occasional use unitasker because we so seldom eat shrimp. Still, that deveiner/peeler has definitely earned its keep.