2021 Grocery Outlet [California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, other Western States]

yup saw that too LOL.

Agreed. It’s quite mild for something “extra spicy”, but I have been using it on turkey sandwiches.

1 Like

Today at PA:

Amazon Fresh lunchmeat at GO?!

Applegate:

Xingu Gold.

Are these and the Nonni’s pasta sauce above any good?

Lots of Tate’s cookies.

2 Likes

2021-02-09 Oakland Grocery Outlet

$3.99/750 ml
De Martino
Gallardía Cinsault 2017, 13% ABV, 100% Cinsault, from southern coastal Chile, smoky, nutty, earthy, woodsy, mushroomy

99 cents/32 oz. Elmhurst Milked Walnuts, unsweetened, no gums or stabilizers, about 5 times more nuts per serving than other nut milks, in the NOSH section and doesn’t need to be refrigerated until after it’s opened

$5.99/a pack of 3 - 10 oz. tubs, a good chunky, spicy guacamole made in Mexico with Hass avocados for about $3.20/lb.

1 Like

One of the best hauls in recent months. Today from the PA store.

More Trois Petit Cochons selection:

4505 porky goodness:

Charles SF chocolate. Rang up at 1.99.

Sir Kensington Mayo:

Has anyone tried the pickles from Sonoma Brinery before?

Some Nature’s path cereal.

Cullen creek olive oil:

Sahale snacks:

Drinks:

Soba

Fish:

Stacy’s

Bare dried fruits

Anyone tried this cheese before?

Pickles

5 Likes

I’ve got a wedge of Whey Cool blue cheese in my fridge (also obtained at GO). It’s pretty decent.

1 Like

2021-02-16 Oakland Grocery Outlet

Deli

$3.99/ 1 kg (2.2 lbs) - Anchor Traditional Style Cream Cheese in a block, from New Zealand, made from milk from pasture-raised cows, excellent baking stability. I’ve bought Anchor pasture-raised and organic cheeses and butters before and have never been disappointed. This is the best cream cheese I’ve had - chewy, firm, nutty and not gummy. It works out to about $1.80/lb. Now I’ve got to figure out what I’m going to pair with 2.2 lbs of cream cheese.

$5.99/12.5 oz - Columbus Charcuterie Tasting Board with prosciutto, French olive medley, dried Turkish apricots, chorizo salame, fontina cheese, and taralli crackers. From Columbus Craft Meats of Hayward, CA. a good mix.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Columbus-Charcuterie-Tasting-Board-12-5-oz/507663067

$1.99/2.5 oz. - Oberto Parma Salame and Smoked Provolone Cheese, imported from Oberto of Fellino, Italy.

$1.99/64 oz - SO Delicious Unsweetened Organic Coconut Milk

$3.99/2 lb - Sabra Organic Hummus

$2.99/4 oz. - Truffle Salami made with black truffle (0.5%), from Busseto Foods of Fresno, CA.

$1.99/8 oz. - Franklin Farms Vegan Seitan Cubes.

$2.99/3 oz. - Trois Petits Cochons Petit Salami

Wine

$3.99/750 ml - de Martino Gallardia 2017 Cinsault, I bought a second bottle of the cinsault described in my post from a week ago. This bottle had less of the cherry/fresh fruit on the palate - I prefer this second bottle.

https://gismondionwine.com/tasting-notes/202002/de-martino-gallardia-cinsault-2017/?note=31575&ref=notes&date=2020-03

Now well into its fourth generation with brothers Marco Antonio and Sebastián De Martino, De Martino was founded in 1934. Gallardía is a tribute to Itata’s coastal vineyards, and the home of Chilean viticulture (with vines dating back to 1551). Sustainable agriculture, dry farming, and horse ploughing are used to farm these 35-year-old own-rooted cinsault bush vines from Guarilihue, 22km inland, on gentle granite slopes. This was destemmed and native fermented in stainless, with a 40 day maceration, before 7 months aging in tank. The only additions / deletions are a small amount of SO2 at bottling. Give this pale, cloudy, crimson-hued wine some air time to reveal sapid plum, scrubby herbs, ample rosemary and thyme, pine, and medicinal white cherry, all threaded with resin and kissed with smoke. Tannins are whisper light and acidity is juicy, lofting this lighter wine to a lingering finish. Serve slightly chilled.

Not a packaged food item, but the East Hayward GO has Ataúlfo (aka champagne) mangoes for 69 cents each. I picked up a couple today; they’re not quite ripe yet, but they will be in a few days.

2 Likes

Three days ago at Oakland Grocery Outlet -

Deli (refrigerated) -

$1.99/14 oz. Seoul Kimchi, made in the US by Lucky Foods of Tualatin OR

https://luckyfood.com/products/kimchi-2/

$1.49/12 oz. Green Valley Creamery Organic Cottage Cheese, made from milk from pasture-raised cows, 4% milkfat min., distributed by Redwood Hill Farm & Creamery of Sebastopol CA.

NOSH/Organic/Gourmet (not refrigerated) -

$1.49/16 oz. Milkadamia Macadamia Creamer Chai flavor, made with macadamias and 1 gram of cane sugar per 1 tbsp. serving, from Jindilli Beverages of Oakbrook Terrace IL.

$6.99/ 8 x 16 oz. cans in a box Rosarita Organic Refried Beans Traditional made with organic coconut oil, vegan in non-BPA can, from Conagra of Chicago IL.

$5.99/8 oz. box Alaska Smokehouse Smoked Salmon, boneless fillet, natural alder smoke, from Alaska Smokehouse in Woodinvile WA.

4 Likes

Mission GO, San Francisco

1 Like

The East Hayward GO has been stocking some Drake’s Brewery offerings for a while, including the De-Nogginizer.

Today’s Richmond GO finds

$0.79/each

These are so good! $0.99/each

3 Likes

My information is that the Spring 2021 20% Off Wine Sale at Grocery Outlet will start on Wednesday, April 7 and continue for a week through Tuesday April 13.

1 Like

SF Richmond GO - yummy and relatively inexpensive

3 Likes

FYI - SF is getting another Grocery Outlet store, the fifth in the city (assuming this one isn’t intended to replace any of the existing four). This one is at 355 Bayshore Blvd. at the former location of a Smart and Final, and is supposedly opening around the end of this month.

Interesting that GO thinks the city can support another store, especially since this one is barely more than a kilometer from the Portola store. As the immediate area is mostly industrial, I wonder if they think that this one will be more attractive to commuters who can quickly access it via 101.

1 Like

Wow, that is interesting. It’s also just 1.5 miles from the Mission G.O. on S. Van Ness.
Now I’ll have too many choices! Mission, Portola, Visitacion Valley and this new one are each about 10 minutes from my house .

A few days ago from the Grocery Outlet Oakland 20% Off Wine Sale that started on April 7 and runs through April 13:

$5.99 (before discount) -Kenneth Volk Negrette 2013 San Benito Calleri Vineyard 14.3% ABV - On the 3rd day, aromas of cherry, cocoa and charcoal. On the palate, Tastes of red licorice, sour plum, clove, black pepper, and peat moss with a short finish. I really liked the earthiness of it.

from Vivino -

Copious amounts of smoke, leather, coffee and gravel. Super dark but not very tannic or acidic. Would love to see more US makers have a go at this varietal.

https://www.vivino.com/AU/en/kenneth-volk-vineyards-calleri-vineyard-negrette/w/1887656?year=2013

$6.99 (before discount) Occi Languedoc 2016 Vin Rouge 13.5% ABV
Much better on the 2nd day. On the second day, aromas of green olive, dark plum, raspberry.

On the palate, unsweetened chocolate, white pepper rhubarb, tart strawberry, leather, freshly mown grass, and cinnamon.

Slippery short-lived tannins

Medium body ,

2 Likes

Yesterday at Oakland Grocery Outlet, the last day of their Spring 20% Off Wine Sale -

Not only were their wines 20% off, but it was also the 2nd Tuesday of the month which means another 10% off for seniors 55 and over from 8am - 12 pm., which gave me a total 28% discount on the wines. Of the three that I’ve tried so far (one more to go), the Divum Pinot Noir 2015 is my favorite at $5.99, before discount. Flowery, lavender and rose petal with raspberry fruit. 10 months in French Oak, from Monterey, near the Gabilan Mountain Range and next to a slate quarry.

from Vivino:

*This Pinot has a round body with classic light berry tones: plump strawberry and summery raspberry with bursting juicy blueberries. After opening I started to get watermelon rind both on the palate and the nose. Unusually enjoyable and good value.*

Also picked up -

$2.99/12 oz Growers Select Almond Butter Creamy

$1.99/14 oz/ 8 beef hot dogs - Applegate Organic Uncured Beef Hot Dogs, made with 100% grass-fed pasture raised beef, no nitrates or nitrates added, humanely raised.

2 Likes

from Tuesday April 27 at Oakland Grocery Outlet -

All items were given a 10% discount for seniors 55 and older who shop on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month from 8 am - 12 pm.

Also, on my receipt, there was a $6 Off coupon valid only Tuesday May 4 with a minimum purchase of $40 (excluding dairy, alcohol, gift cards, taxes and deposits) at the Oakland store only. That’s potentially a 15% discount.

All prices below are before any discount -

$5.99 Divum Pinot Noir 2015, 13.8% ABV, 100% pinot, sustainably farmed. This is my second bottle of the Divum and for more details, look at post # 39, directly above.

$6.99 Latitude 38 Wines Private Reserve Pinot Noir, 2017, 13.6% ABV

https://www.vivino.com/AU/en/latitude-38-wines-private-reserve-pinot-noir/w/8028374?year=2017

$2.99/8 oz Organic Valley Baby Swiss Cheese, made with milk from pasture-raised cows, organic, Alpine style. Very chewy and nutty. I like it.

According to Organic Valley:

Our Baby Swiss was inspired by the classic Emmental cheeses of Switzerland. You’ll notice that Baby Swiss has smaller holes than traditional Swiss and a shorter aging period produces smooth, buttery notes and a mild nuttiness. Crafted with organic, pasture-raised milk our Baby Swiss is a perfect snacking companion on an Alpine hike or baked into hearty dishes.

This cheese has a very high rating on Amazon.

$1.49/1 lb Organic Valley Sour Cream, organic and made with milk from pasture-raised cows, Best By May 6, 2021. This is NOT the lowfat version and has a 5/5 star rating on Amazon. It’s really good and I use it on top of canned herring or mackerel. The low price is probably attributable to the 9-day window left on the Best By date.

$1.99/32oz Milkadamia Macadamia Milk Original (Lightly Sweetened). made with raw, not roasted macadamias, 6 gr of sugar per 8 oz serving. Rated 4.7/5 on Amazon.

2 Likes