2020 Veggie Gardens!

The argument: neem oil is not considered dangerous for adult bees, compared to chemical insecticides. However, this product can be fatal to bee larvae as it causes atrophy of their wings. Also, the oil presents a toxicity - relatively low - for certain mammals (problem in male fertility) and birds.

1 Like

Oops, so when I see less baby birds and squirrels next year in my garden, we’ll know why. :tired_face:
Bummer about the bee larvae though. I’ve been using neem oil on my lime tree, and seeing mixed results. I don’t think it’s stopped the worst of the insects that were eating up some of my precious lime leaves early on. I can’t tell if it was just a bad year for japanese beetle (the suspected culprits) or if it’s something particular to this lime plant that has attracted a new type of leaf-eating bug.

This was the “garden” in the Northern California Bay area this morning at 8 AM.
#wildfireproblems

2 Likes

So. Oregon coast, 7:30 this morning.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Are you in Oregon? Hope all you Oregon folk are okay.

1 Like

We have them up here in various parts of the state, but unusually quite a few in Western Wa. There’s a pretty big one just east of Tacoma. Air quality not too bad though, yet.

1 Like

Yes, Oregon coast, just north of the California border. We are fine here, the Rogue Valley, not so good. I was just thinking of @bbqboy and wondering if he was ok. I got evacuated in 2017 during the Chetco Bar fire and I never want to go through that again.

2 Likes

My thoughts are with each of you.

1 Like

@shrinkrap @BeefeaterRocks @bbqboy and others

I hope everything will be fine. Weird days we have.

1 Like

Wow, it’s eerie yet somewhat beautiful too. I can’t even imagine. Hope you all are hanging in there, including the folks in OR and other neighboring states.

3 Likes

Thinking of all you and praying for clear air soon.

1 Like

Figs! Tiny ones from the tiny tree. The big tree has a beetle population that I’m not crazy about.

2 Likes

Today’s tomato harvest. Finally!

3 Likes

Yay! @Lambchop. Well deserved!

Thanks @shrinkrap! Hope you’re ok in your area!

1 Like

Limited internet so just reporting in as safe.
The fire :fire: started directly to the East and then took off across the ranch pasture
across the street. It roared up the creek.

Uploading: IMG_9692.MOV…

7 Likes

Happy to know.

1 Like

Those are dramatic pictures! Glad you are alright!

2 Likes

So glad you were spared, thanks for letting us know.

2 Likes