2 hour whole foods free delivery (powered by amazon)

Yeah, I’ve got an order pending! lol Figured it can’t hurt to roll the dice and see what you can get.

1 Like

Last Friday I was at Costco and there was an Instacart guy behind me. Very pleasant, cheerful. We chatted about the craze and I said it must be hard for him. Nope! He smiled and said “I’m making MONEY!”

Implication being, he was plenty busy and happy about it.

2 Likes

I have a large order for Sunday from Direct Fresh. They did warn me that they won’t bring the groceries into my kitchen as usual and not collect their recyclable bags.

1 Like

I’ve already received one 1-hour bump on my delivery, which is set for tomorrow (order was placed Sunday and Wed was the first available–I bet that’s changed)…curious to see when it actually arrives, as I’ve never ordered groceries from anyone.

I am subscribing lol. I wonder what kind of grab bag you are going to get.

I want to try ordering some food. I’ve never ordered a full blown grocery load. I’ve done amazon food and pantry, liquor, etc, but never Whole Foods, pea pod , etc. What is my best bet for protein (ie fresh meat/fish?) I want to get some cool stuff to cook.

if I remember correctly WF had pretty good butcher and fish dept. $$$$$ for sure- but pretty solid choices.

A note of caution from Massachusetts. My first time ordering Amazon delivery from Whole Foods was last year. The allowed foods for the three days prior were not what I keep on hand. Not wanting to buy white flour carbs I wouldn’t later use, I ordered stuff like prepared chicken fettucine Alfredo, and plain pound cake. I didn’t notice the online option to prevent substitution, and my phone was off during the time the shopper was filling the cart. So I received Buffalo chicken nuggets and carrot cake. Surely there were closer approximations to the ordered items.

My second order was on Leap Day, to get some fresh ingredients in expectation of being housebound for two weeks subsequent to day surgery on March 2. An email at 5pm said the groceries were at my door. A different Amazon parcel was due, and it was cold out, so I didn’t go down for the grocery bags till the box arrived, 3 hours later. Boxes from UPS and Fedex were also there, but no groceries. I called Amazon the next morning, and they sent a replacement order that day. The truck was gone by the time I made it down to the door, where I ALSO found the previous day’s missing bags. The bananas had frozen and were thawing, so wherever the order had been, I assumed the meat wasn’t spoiled, and it wasn’t. Fitting everything into the fridge was a task for a Jenga master, but I managed. This was the period where Covid-19 had arrived in America, but few infections had been found, and the only precautions being recommended were hand sanitation and elbow coughs/bumps. So it was a serendipitous boon for me, as was being housebound for post-surgical recovery. I live alone, am 70, and have chronic health problems, and haven’t left home in two weeks, so am as safe as can be.

2 Likes

Just realized I never posted about my Costco grocery delivery. The recap:
Ordered Sunday morning and the first delivery window (via Instacart) was Wednesday between 4-5pm (fine).
Got a text update that it would be between 4-6pm.
Got a text that my order was being shopped, followed by texts from the shopper asking if she could sub another meat because they didn’t have the pork loin that I had originally ordered. Sure. “What else do they have?” I asked. “Only steak.” So I said no thanks, but then asked…no lamb chops? Or pork ribs? “Oh yes–they have ribs.” :roll_eyes:

My original order was 3 items:
-Asparagus
-Kirkland egg whites (2)
-Pork loin chops

What arrived:
-Asparagus
-ONE box of egg whites
-2 full racks of ribs

But wait…there’s more. She (thankfully) handed me a Costco receipt, which shows 1 box of egg whites (she said they were limiting them, which made sense to me), BUT…the online “your order has been delivered” text said I got 2. And a full pork loin. :roll_eyes:

In desperation, I might use it again, but I’m certainly not jumping to do so. I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by the direct communication with the shopper.

2 Likes

Never even knew Costco has shoppers and del as a service.

1 Like

its via instacart I think. you can go through instacart site. Not too bad, but the substitutions can be problematic.

1 Like

I looked into this and Costco will deliver for over 75 which is easy to do there.

As of last night they were out of a few things I wanted: pork roll, butter, swordfish, seltzer (unless you want expensive Italian mineral water,) philips crab cakes. At this point all I have is my cart is a 120 piece k cup box. I just woke up so I might drive there later or poke around on their site. Certain items are cheaper on Costco.com

The coffee was 45.xx on instacart and 39.99 on costo.com

2 Likes

Right (Instacart)…

For starters, when I placed my order (to be clear, ordered via Costco.com, which then redirects to the grocery site/Instacart) last Sunday, the minimum order was $40. Now I’m curious to know if they’ve bumped it up or if it has to do with distance to the location (I’m 2 miles away)!

I don’t know how Costco online actually works. I have never ordered so it appears right now you have a few types of products:

Ones that can only be picked up in warehouse like fruit

Ones that you can’t even order like toilet paper

Ones in stock and free 2 day shipping (my 120 k cup box is example.)

Items that take longer to ship and/or possibly drop ship from manufacturer. These crab cakes are an example and provided they taste good, are a good deal on sale right now. 6.00 per unit delivered is decent:

https://www.costco.com/rastelli-market-fresh-jumbo-lump-crab-cakes-4-oz%2C-20-pack.product.100357911.html

I am on the site now and their inventory is decimated. Slim pickings. No snapper : (

I placed a pick-up order from Shop-rite in Marlboro on Tuesday. At that time the first available time slot was today at 11AM. You park in a designated area and can either go in to a desk near the pharmacy door to pick up your order or call and they’ll bring it out to your car.

My biggest worry was how much of what I ordered would I get. I specified no substitutions because I only like to gamble when I know the odds are in my favor. I ordered 17 items and got 15 of them, which is better then I expected. You pay online when you place the order but they don’t charge you until pick up so i was only charged for the items I received. I started looking through the bags as I arranged them in my trunk and immediately noticed two of something I only ordered one of. I checked more care fully and found that I had doubles of three different items. (All from the deli counter) I was not charged for the extras. I stopped an employee who was delivering a different order to another car and tried to return the three extra items but they said they can’t take resell anything once it leaves the store in the current situation so I should just keep them.

It cost me $4.95 for the service and I never had to enter the store. I wouldn’t use it during normal times but for the current situation It’s great.

5 Likes

I use ShopRite from home a lot actually. I find it extremely helpful around major holidays to avoid the crowds. Also, when my daughter was an infant, it was the easiest option for them to bring the groceries directly to my car. I never did quite figure out how to juggle the infant car seat in the cart with space enough for groceries.

3 Likes

My WFs delivery today surprised me. I placed it at 11am and had immediate choices for delivery. I expected a wait. 8 bags arrived at the 2pm time slot I selected.

Tonight, time slots were taken for the next two days (wknd) but a window pops up telling me to check back in case slots open. First time I ever noticed a check back feature. Do customers cancel at the last minute or have the option to rescheduled an already packaged order? Seems odd.

1 Like

“will deliver for over 75, which is easy to do there”.
Dollars, or people???:grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The prices are increased by Instacart, not the stores for whom they deliver.

1 Like

Or age?

1 Like