2 hour whole foods free delivery (powered by amazon)

Totally agree! I’d actually miss the experience.

Thankfully, we enjoy all the benefits of shopping on and off line. The original point of this thread was focused on home delivery using WFs. Plus, We don’t avoid shopping in stores.

The money back guarantee on any purchase made using WF home delivery removed my concerns about shoppers or dept staff choosing produce or proteins on my behalf. No complaints so far. Now, summer weather is around the bend, I will be curious to see what packaging is utilized then.

1 Like

While people waited in lines for hours, I placed an online order and had it delivered this morning. There were far more substitutions than I’d ever experienced previously but except for one item I am fine with what the In-store shopper chose. Mostly the substitutes were organic vs conventional items. The one item that was ‘off’ was frozen salmon fillets as a substitute for Slices of smoked salmon. I’ll eventually eat the frozen filets though so no big deal.

1 Like

All this talk made me think to try this for myself. After spending about 20 mins shopping and selecting some items that I was already hungry for, I finally checked out… only to find that delivery is unavailable today, tomorrow, and Monday. Dammit!!!

1 Like

Either the virus is causing them to get slammed or they read this board and are heeding @NotJrvedivici’s warnings.

2 Likes

Fair to say at this point all markets need time to replenish.

1 Like

Amazon is out of toilet paper. I just checked before for the hell of it. I normally buy it on there so while I was ordering motor oil I looked and sure enough, all gone.

1 Like

It could be my iPad but it appears amazon pantry is out of food. Is anyone seeing this?

I just logged in and plenty of items are avail. However, if you read the article I posted above, grocery chains are now limiting store hrs. and sales and recommending customers use home delivery. This will create a bigger home del delay and obviously cause product shortages.

The food panic is troubling. But, I want to know when we are going to be able to return to our daily routines and self isolating will end.

Lol! You made me look. I now have several cans of tomato soup on their way to me thanks to Amazon!

1 Like

They do have items left but not that much that I want. Shopping now…

Costco.com is too

Amazon pantry is limiting things to 2 per per order. I just ordered some things so we will see how this goes. This is pantry, not WF.

Are you in the same delivery zone as Johnny? The availability in your zone has no effect on his.

I often schedule my deliveries a few days in advance, especially in smaller geographic areas. For example, when I am on Martha’s Vineyard for the summer , I use Stop and Shop’s Peapod delivery and know to order days in advance.

And for those wondering why prices changed from when they first started their order to check out later on…If you order on Sunday and new deals post Monday, your prices from last week expire and resort to previous price. Same as in-store.

I believe we are in the same county of NJ.

Yes we are both nearby.

I just drove by whole foods and the parking lot was about average for 4:00 on a Sunday…maybe a hair bustier.

1 Like

I was at ShopRite in Neptune late this afternoon (4:30-5) and with the exception of the fully empty aisle of paper products, the only thing they were completely out of was chicken. Plenty of red meat, some pork, but NO chicken. Separate of that, if I didn’t know this nuttiness was going on, I wouldn’t have known otherwise; plenty of produce and all other shelves were stocked, including sale items.

To keep this on topic, I did place a small order on Costco.com this morning for a few of my ‘regular’ items that are on sale + a few more things. It won’t be delivered until Wednesday, but I’m not in a rush. Curious to see how it comes in, as it’s filled via Instacart.

It’s a nefarious plot from the cows from the Chick-Fil-A ad. They are creating a false shortage of chicken for their evil purposes!
cows

3 Likes

Peapod home delivery, first opening was a week from Thurs.