What are you baking? June 2022

I would highly recommend it!

1 Like

I made Alison Roman’s apricot cobbler today. It is delicious.

I was short on apricots so I added two nectarines. I used avocado honey, because I figured, correctly, that a flavorful honey would go nicely with the apricots. I used lime juice.

I don’t have an 8” X 11” pan. As several commenters said that a 9” X 13” pan was too large, I used an 8” X 12” pan .

The biscuits spread quite a bit so next time I’ll pop them in the freezer for five minutes before I place them on the fruit.

7 Likes

A whole bunch of bakes from Jessie Sheehan’s new book Snackable bakes. Milk chocolate tahini bars, brownies, and confetti cookies, among others. All fantastic.

16 Likes

All of these look incredible!

1 Like

A few decades ago I made a lot of cakes for friends’ events and celebrations, and I sold a few. But I came to exactly the conclusion you did. If I wanted to make a living wage I’d have to charge an unconscionable amount, and then if it wasn’t off-the-charts perfect I couldn’t live with myself. I didn’t want baking to stop being fun, so I’ve stuck to giving them away.

6 Likes

Dorie Greenspan’s Blueberry Biscuits. Deets on the BCOTM thread here.

8 Likes

Agree! I can’t wait to try them!!!

TIGRÉ ALMOND CAKES. Easy to make. I fo.lowed the recipe exactly using regular muffin pan. 2 tablespoons of batter got me 12. Nice moist financiers

10 Likes

Very professional looking…beautiful!

Dorie Greenspan has a recipe for these in Baking Chez Moi that I made a few years ago. It’s a delicious twist on classic financiers.

2 Likes

Thanks they aren’t hard to make

1 Like

Oh I knew there was something similar in one of my books but couldn’t figure out which one. EYB didn’t help me.

Making a Rich and Tender Yellow Cake I printed from a CI recipe on husband birthday in 2007.

A little uneven… :thinking:

Also making the “chocolate cream frosting” from a CI recipe I printed in 2005. Essentially ganache. Husband preferred milk chocolate. I’ve been gradually titrating up the percentage of chocolate, now about 80 percent Guittard 66 percent, and 20 percent "milk chocolate ", but right now can only find “Ghirardelli premium baking chocolate chips”, and Hershey’s Symphony "Creamy Milk Chocolate ".

I was under the impression that chocolate chips wouldn’t melt right, but the bag has melting instructions! Any thoughts?

2 Likes

I’ve used chocolate chips in ganache successfully…

1 Like

Perfect. Thank you!

Looks good!

3 Likes

Wow those are delicious. Crispy on the outside and very moist in center almost like eating marzipan. I thought my sons would go for 2 but 1 was just enough decadence

3 Likes

Done! Not pristine, but tasty!

“Messy” slices.

14 Likes

I wouldn’t turn that down :slight_smile:

1 Like

To celebrate the end of a project/decommissioning of a very old Access database at work, I made Claire Saffitz’s Rhubarb Custard cake ( which I am sure I made last spring)… https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/rhubarb-custard-cake

7 Likes

Oh that sounds lovely! tell me more about it!

1 Like