Tip #7- Mentioning Chowhound

When you need to refer to Chowhound in your thread, there is no need to replace it with CH, ‘the other place’, etc etc.

In addition to being unnecessary, there is a great reason to just say Chowhound- Search Engine Optimization.

If we want people that search for ‘Chowhound’ or ‘Chowhound + something’ to see threads on this site high up in the search ranking, the word Chowhound should be in the thread. Just a little trickle of Chowhound traffic can get us more awareness- there are still many users who have no idea who we are.

Cheers!

14 Likes

I do that out of sheer laziness!! But if it will help I will type out Chowhound from now on!

3 Likes

Good point. I’ll try and remember.

I wonder if me typing HO, rather than Hungry Onion, would protect my posts on Chowhound from being deleted?

1 Like

they seem to have really lightened up on that

Oh, I was just being lazy as well!

For that same reason, Should we avoid using “HO” on here?

I don’t think using HO here matters since people who knows to search for Hungry Onion have heard about us, and we are already result #1 when people search for Hungry Onion.

1 Like

Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound, Chowhound,

There ya go Google!! Anything to help the cause boss !!!

4 Likes

I think the google AI is smarter than this, this looks like spam. You need integration of keywords in the body text. Not just repetition of keywords.

SO chowhoud IF chowhound I chowhound WERE chowhound TO chowhound REPLY chowhound TO chowhound EVERYONE chowhound LIKE chowhound THIS chowhound IT chowhound WOULD chowhound BE chowhound BETTER?

(how’s that for integration!!! chowhound)

1 Like

yeah, getting better, but I think it’s still a bit too obvious, discretion, every 5-10 words will be better!

1 Like

Not in my experience. Chowhound will lull for awhile, but then the butt-hurt Chowhound mods will do a big sweep at once. It’s hilarious really, and one of the many reasons Chowhound jumped the shark a long time ago.

I was going to do exactly what @NotJrvedivici did, but Chowhound since that’s Chowhound not the way it works, here you go. Chowhound. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Brilliant minds Curlz…

For example, this thread is on page 5 of Google search results of Chowhound. We’re almost there…!

It’s #48 if you’re logged out of Google

So head on over to Chowhound and post something like this:

“I am really Hungry for an Onion. Which store has the best onions?”

1 Like

You Sir are a genius!

When I was still on Chowhound I made a similar comment which was quickly taken down by the mods.

Yup. Pure laziness on my part as well. That’s why I use HO, not Hungry Onion.

Oh geeze, I thought Ho was just your personal pet name for me. Shucks.