Your typical take-out order : Thai, Mexican, Pizza, you name it

I’m in the minority probably, but I don’t like take-out. If I’m going to be paying restaurant prices and tipping 15-20%, I want the table service, hot food, and cleanup. I hate lukewarm/soggy food, carry-out container waste (although I do reuse), and wiping table, counters, etc after takeout. Pamper me, please :sweat_smile:.

Are we also sharing eating-in orders?

7 Likes

Absolutely share your dine-in orders!

I should have made the post about your typical order, dine in and /or take-out.

I can’t dine indoors these days, so my dine-in meals are on patios from May-Sept, and take-out year-round. That’s why you might see me post so much about take-out.

I re-plate upscale take-out.

One upscale take-out meal included ceramic dinner plates, and they let us keep them. Only happened once :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The only takeout we do is dim sum. Usually an impromptu lunch during errand runs or as a “please all” extended family meal.

1 Like

1 Like

Tonight, I will be ordering Cantonese food from Congee Chan:
Fried dumplings
BBQ Duck
Honey Garlic Ribs
Buddha’s Delight
And Singaporean vermicelli.

3 Likes

That’s all?
:wink:

1 Like

I added some steamed rice . With my 10 percent cash discount, that’s costing me $102 Cdn tonight. On my way to pick it up!

2 Likes

I’m keeping track of my takeout here:

So far this year:

1. Beef taco and pork taco
  2. Israeli salad and chicken shawarma
  3. Vietnamese Bakery’s spam egg galette and curry beef bun.
  4. French bakery’s ham and Comté baguette
  5. Coffee shop’s bacon and egg on an angel biscuit
1 Like
  1. 3 slices of pizza
  2. Eggplant parm, lasagna, sausage and peppers, suppli and a beet salad from an Italian hot table ( much of it as a care package for someone who broke her ankle :cry:)
1 Like

Usually Chinese, from one of two restaurants. From one we get a homemade noodle soup and something like pork with eggplant or fish fillets with spicy bean sauce; from the other, West Lake Beef Soup, Three Pepper Chicken, and something like Cumin Lamb. Today, though, we did Korean takeout with Dolsot Bulgogi Bibimbap and Soon Dubu Jigae.

3 Likes

In PA with Mom, there’s ONE restaurant we get takeout from, a Chinese place in a very nearby strip mall. Order is always exactly the same, because they’re pretty terrible at everything except this:

Moo shu pork, 2 extra pancakes

And for me, on the side: one order sauteed “Chinese vegetables” with garlic
Large container hot and sour soup, which I eat for another day or two

In NYC, my takeout is usually sushi, and a couple times a year I’ll order a Thai curry and mango salad for delivery. For a long time there was a Middle Eastern place 2 blocks from me and I got the same takeout order once a week for years: the soup of the day (always a meat + veg soup, unspeakably delicious) and a mezze platter.

Back in the days of 5 days-a-week in a midtown office, lunches “out” were exceedingly common (and tbh became crushingly annoying and boring after so many years.)

2 Likes

I ate lunch out every day Mon -Fri the year I lived in NYC.

2 Likes

We almost never get take out but if we do, it is from a local Vietnamese place. I always get the vegetarian pho, son gets regular pho, spouse likes the banh mi. Boring.

1 Like

I’ve not heard of West Lake Soup or Three Pepper Chicken up here in Canadian Chinese restaurants.

1 Like

Tangentially: West Lake restaurant in China is considered the largest Chinese restaurant in the world, and there’s a good documentary about it.

3 Likes

Neat! Thanks!

There’s a smoked chicken Thai salad that I am partial to from a local pub, when I can get to it.:heart:

1 Like

I changed up my Thai order .

Today , we had Tom Kha Kai, vegetable Pad See Ew, and beef Golden Curry. ( kaeng kari, 黃咖喱).

The Pad See Ew

2 Likes