Your Kitchenaid Stand Mixer Attachments...

As mentioned above, the Guormia grinder vastly outperforms the Kitchenaid attachment at about the same price point.

As for the pasta attachments, I only bought the roller as I like to cut my own pasta (although spaghetti isn’t really an option here). I got it direct from Kitchenaid’s site for about sixty bucks, and while a Mercato hand cranker would have had the cutter for about the same price, I have no need for the cutter… and the automated roller on the KA is a game changer IMHO.

1 Like

My metal attachment cost under $45, so it’s significantly cheaper than the grinder you mentioned.
The pasta attachments cost a minimum of $90 and that’s just for the roller. I see one at $79 that includes three pieces, but it’s plastic. A hand-cranked machine can be had for around $40 and will last forever.
I’ve used the pasta attachments and they’re great, but I do think they’re overpriced given how cheap quality alternatives are.
I’m glad to see your recommendation for a grinder, though, because I do use the grinder attachment a lot and I’m always nervous given how many people have said their motor was shot while grinding, so I’m interested in upgrading to a committed grinder.

1 Like

Kitchenaid’s MSRP for it is $100, although it is currently on sale for $80. Even so, the Guormia grinder is available at that sale price point.

Yeah, it’s $90 now, but there are periodic sales on them (got mine for $60 with free shipping) so just be patient. (c; If you make pasta often it really is a game changer over a hand cranked model.

To be clear, I do use the stand mixer too. I also have the ice cream maker, and the pasta thing, but can’t remember the last time I used them . I have a Cuisinart FP; I use the FP but there is no way it works like a grinder, at least for me. I have a bunch of blades for it but don’t use those either.

P.S. What about the non Kitchenaide metal meat grinder attachments? Anybody tried one of those?

Not me… but most of the clones of attachments I have seen are of the same design (and possibly the same manufacturer - China).

1 Like

Mine is not an official kitchen aid one. I am happy with it. It’s no longer available.

1 Like

When my (small) chest freezer isn’t full it lives in the freezer. :joy:

1 Like

Here’s a real bummer, Scott. I got interested in getting a grinder and just found out the Gourmia is out of stock pretty much everywhere. There’s one listed on Amazon with a click to “see buying options” that is listing at $140 with a delivery date in June, which means that seller probably doesn’t actually have one either.

I wonder if the company is having trouble sourcing materials?

Food grinder attachment: ok for small amounts, no silverskin, best works if meat is ice cold/partially frozen and cut into small pieces. Good for legumes when making falafel. If you’re making larger amounts, it’s not big enough.

Shredding attachment: works well. Don’t press hard or it will grate plastic off itself. Works very well for frozen suet (traditional steamed puddings and such)

Pasta attachment: only the roller gets regular use (at least 1x/week). Had it for many years, and is now cracked but still functional. Good investment if you regularly make pasta. Ravioli maker messy. Better by hand after using roller.

Grain flaker attachment: works well. Used a few times a month whenever flaked grains are called for. Had it for years no problems. Once you’ve had fresh flaked, there’s no going back. Here’s a link:

Tomato strainer: messy and way too small. Not worth the money. A
Even a manual one does a faster, better job.

Wow! It is sold out everywhere. Maybe shoot the company an email or phone call.

https://www.gourmia.com/contact

I just called their 888 number and spoke with a very nice guy who said they are out of stock and probably won’t be back in stock until middle to late Summer.

I have to say I was impressed by the CS. Pressed one key for “product info”, and two rings later I get a guy (with no accent) that was as helpful as he could be. Pretty rare now-a-days.

3 Likes

Surfas has some in stock and at a lower price than folks on this thread have been finding elsewhere.

1 Like

Thanks! That looks like the plastic one, but it doesn’t say.

I have the pasta roller set. I would like to add the meat grinder.

1 Like