Your favorite most cherished Xmas tree ornaments?

My mother sent this one when we first moved in here.

I still have the trio of cedar scented ornaments from Avon and almost 50 years later they still smell faintly of cedar.

And last but not least, Dated 1982. My father hid a $100 bill in it more me.

Memories :heart:

3 Likes

My mom started me buying ornaments as souvenirs when I was a kid…we were each allowed to buy an ornament on every family trip.

I still do it…not necessarily ornaments but small things (read: inexpensive and easy to pack) that can be hung on a tree.

I now have an entire tree full of ornaments and every single one has a story. Thry dont match, they wont make anybodys look book, but ai love them all

5 Likes

Peanut Jesus in the popsicle stick manger, the crumbling salt dough bell with a jammy jr. photo on it, the egg tempera painted ornaments the the big J made as a child and the surviving ornaments from the 1950’s that graced my parents’ tree.

6 Likes

as events always go . . . cleaning out my parents stuff we came across multiple boxes of (glass) tree ornaments. my parents always did-up a tree grand . . .

they literally fell apart as we picked them up . . .

we still do buy “yearly” ornaments - but I much prefer metal / non-glass for “keepsake” stuff.

3 Likes

I don’t have one now, but I was always intrigued by the ones that bubbled.

Bubble_Light_in_Christmas_Tree_(6567963279)

4 Likes

One year my husband sent my mother a string of :hot_pepper: pepper tree lights which she proudly displayed. A few months later he received this ornament
in the mail. Friendly rivalry between the two. My tree would never make the center spread in House Beautiful . Most of my ornaments are over 20 years old. Except for my grandkids school additions. Unwrapped and wrapped in the same old newspaper year after year. I suppose I should check the dates one of these days on the newspapers out of curiosity. What can I say. I’m a creature of habit, but no complaints so far.

1 Like