Your Favorite Meal To Eat Out

I am thinking a good cheese steak shop in a large town could draw a good following quickly.

2 Likes

The only hot sandwiches in London are salt beef sandwiches and steak sandwiches in pubs.

There is a place called Dip and Flip , in Battersea that does burgers but also hot beef, pork or chicken sandwiches with gravy to dip them into. Also a few places ( mainly food trucks), doing cheese steak sandwiches.

Yet to find a really good one in London but here’s hoping.

Although I suppose you could argue a kebab is protein in bread so is a sandwich, but I always think of it as something different.

3 Likes

Unless, of course, we include bacon sarnies and toasties.

But there’s been quite a boom of hot sandwiches in Edinburgh. Including Alby’s and the King of Sandwiches who alights here although also serves up sandwiches in other places in the UK.

3 Likes

Hot pot
Sushi
BLTs for a grab and scarf.

1 Like

I like lunch. I make a pretty strong breakfast, and dinner out just isn’t as much a treat anymore, so I like to meet my wife for lunch. Dinner I always end up with leftovers, which is a good thing; but I’d rather eat the stuff once and be done.

I think back to how many times we met friends after the bars closed at some greasy spoon (George Webb’s where I come from.) We get loud, the wait staff is into it, and the place is as fun as the bar was. Haven’t done that in a few decades.

1 Like