Your Favorite Meal To Eat Out

We enjoy eating dinner out at nice BYO’s over the weekend. We dine early before it gets too crazy. I don’t mind spending extra on the food, but don’t want to spend triple the amount on wine. This way we get to enjoy our nice wines with some great food and service, and not have to worry about cleaning up afterwards.

5 Likes

We used to each lunch out 5 or 6 times a week B.C. (Before COVID). Now it’s still lunch, but more like once a week. We’re older and retired, and the portions at lunch are more the size (and price) that we want.

5 Likes

That was really interesting.
I associate cold sandwiches as home made or the other option at school lunch.
if I’m paying for it I want hot sandwiches :sandwich:!

Open faced turkey or roast beef sandwiches are the stuff of diner heaven :yum:

3 Likes

Lunch is the meal we eat out most often. I’m not fond of typical breakfast food and don’t eat much for breakfast at home. In my dreams we would have a place for dim sum! We usually only go out for dinner if it is a special occasion (birthday/anniversary) or if we have houseguests who have favorite restaurants here.

1 Like

Dessert

Dinner twice every week with reservations normally between 7-8pm

My favorite meal to eat out is dim sum at Yank Sing in San Francisco. A bit expensive but the quality is there and I always end up very satisfied.

I can’t stand lengthy meals like on cruise ships.

Really fresh fish from a quality fish restaurant, like Tadich, is something I can’t replicate at home. I miss whole belly fried clams from Cape Cod and lobster pounds in Maine.

5 Likes

My last dim sum in San Francisco was at Yank Sing.

3 Likes

Hot sandwiches in the UK would be quite a rarity. Burgers aside, of course. Or breakfast sandwiches

1 Like

I’m planning to go soon, haven’t been since way before Covid. A friend gave me cash for Christmas so we could all go, she thinks it would be an enjoyable adventure for her 12-year old daughter. I’ve truly enjoyed every meal I’ve had there.

1 Like

Hot open faced sandwiches are mainly a vehicle for potatoes and gravy.

2 Likes

Ding ding ding ding! For a special meal with my kids here from around the world, this is my favorite. .
December 2021

Last time we ALSO did Harbor View, which I think I preferred to Yank Sing’s Pandemic set up.

5 Likes

I agree mostly but when it’s real roasted turkey… :yum:

2 Likes

And then there’s this.

5 Likes

Yep!

1 Like

I appreciate that Yank Sing takes reservations and I always specify my preference for eating inside, not in lobby. I usually go at 1 pm.

2 Likes

Even post Pandemic? They did not give US that option!

1 Like

I haven’t been in a long while, in the past I always requested inside, never a problem.

1 Like

Good times. We still go, but for us, it’s different. No “inside” offered in a year or more. I’ll check my pictures. I’d be interested to hear if someone is getting something else…

Edited to add

Dec 2019. The last time we ate inside. By the way… that’s not us.

1 Like

Many thanks. I am in Austin. I shall check at the farmers’ market tomorrow!

1 Like