Your favorite classic Indian in London?

True, and I should have added that I hang in the Square Mile while there and RII is walking distance from my accommodations so it’s very convenient. Most places shut down on weekend in the City and it’s like a ghost town. Raj closes on Sat/Sun, so we are left with travelling or walking to Cafe Spice Namaste or Halal on weekends. Kinda fun to stroll as if I’m the only person left in London!

Along those lines, friends have visited a 24/7 restaurant at the top of a building in the City!!! I can’t imagine how they manage to stay open those hours, but they enjoyed the weekday breakfast.

Duck and Waffle

I read this as though you were saying going to Cafe Spice Namaste was a second best. Surely not?

It’s one of my favourite Indians in the country. And, of course, genuinely Indian.

It is a very good place. But when you are craving mainstream Anglo\Indian curry, this innovative place is not what you’re looking for. On the other hand, people often laugh that we visit Halal although it is one of the few places open on the weekend. It is not bad, but we always seem to be the only people in there.

Fair point.

17 posts were split to a new topic: [London] HO-/Chow-down Thurs 6/22